huge idaho spuds!!FULLY LOADED!..lol. w/q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
so we decided to have spuds last night and for the first time ever i attempted loaded spuds w/bacon and cheese. moneys a bit tight around the house so we call this smokin on a budget..haha.
sausage.gif
 now for some view....

sorry my potato carving/scooping job sucked..haha i tried my best. just sprinkled a little salt and black pepper inside the tater.

about 1.5 hrs in and the fat from the bacon is beginning to do its thing and its taking to the cherry pellets nicely. i can hear a little sizzle starting from the bacon grease heating up and frying up the inside of that spud. running at 250*.

at my 3hr mark they look like theyre ready for some cheese! bacons looking pretty darn good to me. yes sir.

some good size cubes of colby/jack cheese. this should make for a treat. and close up the smoker for the remaining 20-30 minutes(estimate) of smoke left in the tube...

final product...im proud of myself...i smothered the thing in ranch and went to town on em..wife and daughter loved them, wife only ate a half before she was full. daughter wanted more and a hotdog so back to the smoker for the dogs...

twice smoked jalapeno cheese(on top) & cheddar sausages(bottom)..neighbors ended up stopping by also, so i threw both packs on..let them catch the last 15 minutes of cherry smoke(that tube smoker still amazes me, you think its finished and she just doesnt stop smokin!) now back to the table.....
super.gif

plated turnout...neighbors loved my budget smoke..and so did my family. who says it has to be big cuts of meat or pricy ones at that all the time...lol. thanks for looking guys hope yall enjoy. we sure did.
sausage.gif

Reactions: seenred
T&B, those taters look awesome!  A very creative, economical and tasty supper.  I'll be trying those smoked spuds myself for sure.  Nice going! 
points.gif

Red

T&B, those taters look awesome!  A very creative, economical and tasty supper.  I'll be trying those smoked spuds myself for sure.  Nice going! 
points.gif

Red
thanks Red!
36.gif
 yeh we didnt know what to make for dinner last nite, and the wife says we have a few potatoes left, and bacon and sandwich meat and cheeses(we didnt take anything out of the freezer, so not enough time to thaw out and i dont believe in microwave defrosting,lol)...when she mentioned those, i thought "hell you wanna try loaded potatoes?" and she said "can it go on the smoker?" thats my girl!!! haha. victory!!
first.gif

Looks good man.  Weekly we do a loaded spud night, break out some frozen smoked goods, set the taters to bake before we leave in the morning.  Delish...

Looks good man.  Weekly we do a loaded spud night, break out some frozen smoked goods, set the taters to bake before we leave in the morning.  Delish...
thanks bruno..im thinking this will be one of those things that becomes regulalry done in our house from here on out...cheap meal but it tasted like a million bucks i gurantee ya! thanks for stopping in and checking it out!
sausage.gif

Looks great!  Love to do "twice baked" taters....but this would be cool to try!  Love it and thanks for sharing!

Kat
drool.gif

Good Ol' Idaho spuds, looks like they came from my garden, those look great, good job I will have to give them a try.

Very informative,,,,,,,  boy the possibilities you could go with this one as stuffing items.
icon14.gif

Thanks for the q-view.

Looks great. That's definitely me, A meat and spuds kinda guy...well, throw in a cold one every now and then, and life is good.
im right there with ya Sound!:yahoo:

Good Ol' Idaho spuds, looks like they came from my garden, those look great, good job I will have to give them a try.
Very informative,,,,,,,  boy the possibilities you could go with this one as stuffing items. Thumbs Up
Thanks for the q-view.

Yeh DS, after these I was thinking of all the stuff I could load into it, especially potatoes this size. Thanks for stopping in. ;-)

They look awesome. The potatoes look like you baked or boiled them 1st is that the case? If you did I was wondering for how long? Thanks for the Qview it always make it so much easier for a nube like me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky