• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

HTTP Zombie Exploit Toolkit Request <SOLVED>

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Huddler changed the name of the file that Norton was generating the false positive on. Also Norton is scheduled to release a patch for their software today sometime.
Very cool. Thanks for the follow up and the updates. I figured it was a false positive, or something similar, but you never know in this wonderfull computer age we live in.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Thanks Brian and Huddler for continuing to keep this the best and safest smoking meat forum on the net. I was never worried and I knew that with Brian, and Huddler on the watch, everything would be ok.

You can fit what I know about Norton, computer viruses and zombies on the pointy end of a sharpened pencil

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Is this fix going to stop the pop up for vanilla ice's new tv show too?

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
I believe they are still working on that fix and should be available soon.

o0infidel0o

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 2, 2011
Thanks all for the quick response and followup! The thought of a false positive had crossed my mind, but figured I would drop a line none-the-less. Again, thanks for the information and quick responses. :PDT_Armataz_01_34:

*EDIT- Changed thread title to SOLVED, as it appears the issue is in good hands....

Last edited:

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Dang I was looking forward to some positive falsies! 

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
The alert did not happen to me on opening this thread.  My Norton's is constantly updating its definitions, and so something got fixed somewhere.

Thanks to whoever :-}}

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I think it's been solved. I'm not getting the notices anymore this morning.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.