Howdyado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Houndstooth

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 15, 2022
Utah
My wife and I love to cook. Everything from Banana Bread and Chili Verde to Puttanesca and Schnitzel. Sauces, Salsa and Rubs.
I bought a GMG smoker about 5 years ago. We always tell ourselves it was the best thing we’ve ever bought.
I enjoy drinking whiskey, cooking and playing the blues. Not always in that order. Looking to step up my smoking game and broaden my culinary horizons. Been looking around the forum a bit and the wealth of knowledge here is fantastic. Seem like a decent group of members as well.
Looking forward to sharing ideas and helping out where I can.

I’ve attached a few pictures of a pork Cabeza we smoked last year. We made tacos out of it with some homemade tomatillo ranch.
DAC0276C-54D2-4390-BB9A-5D7C98E4F679.jpeg
15A17647-E9B5-4652-B59A-C46DF27DBCE7.jpeg
3C0DC3AB-8EA4-43F1-A950-6D0FD423F6CF.jpeg

I would respond to each of ya individually but I’m a lazy SOB and figured I’d just lay one big ole’ THANK YOU out on the table now.
I’m already feeling welcome. Y’all have set the bar mighty high. I appreciate the kind words.

Whisky, the blues, and smoking meat, you'll get along just fine here, Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! RAY
DSCN3554.JPG

Welcome to SMF from SE GA and also love playing the blues! And a little whiskey and a lot of smokin ' 😆

Keith

Welcome to SMF from SE GA and also love playing the blues! And a little whiskey and a lot of smokin ' 😆

Keith
Chit yeah Keith! Thank you sir
It’s a family tradition ya know (couldn’t help it)
A little Howlin’ Wolf on the radio, likker in the jug and ribs on the grill. What’s better than that?

• Haha
Reactions: 912smoker
Welcome from Pa. That pig head looks great, lots of good meat on the head

Welcome from Pa. That pig head looks great, lots of good meat on the head
Man what a welcome! You guys are awesome.
I agree PC Farmer, there is tons of what I’ll call “untrendy” meat to be had. I think Cabeza can be deceiving if you’re not ready to get nitty gritty. Of course the cheeks are what every one is after but there is tons of great stuff in and around the jaw. The eyes were a little chalky and the tongue came out a touch tough from the smoke. It’s our second head but next time I’ll try harvesting and boiling the Lengua prior to smoking. The local ranch where we get the pig have a hard time getting us an un-butchered head for whatever reason.
We’d love to wrap the nose and ears up in some foil and see what happens but the butchers process it quite a bit.
I don’t want to wander to far away from topic.
Howdy from Salt City Utah.
Not too far from Sandy.

Man what a welcome! You guys are awesome.
I agree PC Farmer, there is tons of what I’ll call “untrendy” meat to be had. I think Cabeza can be deceiving if you’re not ready to get nitty gritty. Of course the cheeks are what every one is after but there is tons of great stuff in and around the jaw. The eyes were a little chalky and the tongue came out a touch tough from the smoke. It’s our second head but next time I’ll try harvesting and boiling the Lengua prior to smoking. The local ranch where we get the pig have a hard time getting us an un-butchered head for whatever reason.
We’d love to wrap the nose and ears up in some foil and see what happens but the butchers process it quite a bit.
I don’t want to wander to far away from topic.
Howdy from Salt City Utah.
Not too far from Sandy.
Didn't use the brain,? My uncle used to fry them in eggs when we butchered

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky