Howdy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
I'm Dan, I live in Concord.
If any of you live close by, let's meet up and drink some beers and smoke something good to eat.
Basically just hang out and laugh about stupid things we have screwed up on the smoker.
Are any of you NorCal guys duck or goose hunters or ocean fishermen?
If your a bird Hunter .come on over and blow some duck and goose calls before the season starts up.
I'm a waterfowl calling fanatic.
Just wanted to introduce myself and maybe get to know a few people that live close by.
Get in touch if anything I posted above sounds interesting to you.

Take care.
Dan

Oh I've been around here for years, I just today saw the NorCal sub forum page....lol!!!

This forum is the best there is for many reasons, mainly because everyone here is pretty down to earth and there isn't much drama or B.S. just helpful people who are willing to share secrets and help others out.
Thanks for the welcome though.

Have a good one.
Dan

Yeah, so far so good for use.
We are about 2 hours south of the two biggest fires. We had some local fires but nothing compared to the Car fire and the fire in Yosemite.
But it's been smoky as hell down here from those fires. Day time looks like the early morning or late evening with an orange hue.
And the sunsets have been amazing. I feel so sorry for the people that have lost homes and life's because of these wicked fires.
I swear it seems like the whole state is burning. I pray that these fires take out a handful of CA politicians, we could use a fresh start......Truth!!!!!

Welcome to the site, glad you joined.

Chris

Hi Dan, I live near chico and come thru your area 3 to 4 times a year...retired electrican...do you have a facebook page?

Reactions: forktender
Hey Jimbo, no I don't use Facebook.
I actually made and account and after about a week of seeing what meals people that I haven't thought of in 30 years were eating kinda turned me off to it. And it wasn't even BBQ. LOL.
If your ever down this way give me a heads up and maybe we can plan a cook together at my house.
Retired turd herder here.
Dan.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky