• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy

moves

Joined Mar 18, 2018
Just found this forum and none too soon as tomorrow I'll be smoking ribs for the second time in my life but first time solo and on a gas grill. Bought myself a smoking box for the grill and got my STL ribs marinating with Koop's mustard and Stubs Pork Rub. I normally make my own rubs instead of cheating with pre made ones and same goes with the sauce(s) too, I just didn't have the time sadly.

I've been smoking/grilling on my Akorn Komado Kooker since I got it in December 2014. I've had my gas grill since 2010 and I love it. Never smoked on it before so I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you all know the success or failure I have post smoke.

moves

Joined Mar 18, 2018
90B945BD-4294-41B4-8F9F-6D2A15816BAC.jpeg
Sorry I’m updating so late. Things went surprisingly well for my very first grill smoke. Temp wasn’t too much of an issue as I kept on top of it. So when my tank went empty, I was right there to swap tanks and (in theory) not miss a degree. Here’s a pic of the end result. I’d say on a scale from 1 to 10, I’d give myself a 6. Mrs Moves loved them and while I thought they were good, there always room for improvement.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.