howdy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flinchy

Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
I live in Kansas I have been trying to smoke meats for five or six years with varying results, everyone who eats it likes it but I am not satisfied with it, I know it can be better. I have a homemade wood type smoker that has the fire box on the end lower than the cooking chamber and I just bought a masterbuilt electric. I am here to learn

Flinchy, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here with your offset smoker and your new MES, looking for tips to turn out consistently good hot smoked meat.  A good place to start is to let us know what your dissatisfaction is with each type of meat so folks can diagnose the trends.  Also, there are a ton of folks here with the MES so you'll get onboard with that smoker very quickly. 

Just for the record, we smokers tend to be perfectionists.  Even the best among us rate each smoke, knowing that so many variables come into play, especially the meat.  No two briskets are alike, or butts, or turkeys, etc.  What worked perfectly last weekend might not turn out the same this weekend.  If it did the folks who win in competition would win every weekend.   

Have fun!

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a nice cool day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky