How warm can cold smoking be.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jedu

Original poster
Jul 31, 2020
Built a concrete block smoke house with an off set fire box. Producing great smoke but i am afraid it may be to hot for cold smoking a ham.
Opened cool air vent in the door to let fresh air mix with the smoke to cool it down some.
Any suggestions on what temperature to maintain and better ways to control the temperature.

Attachments

• 20200816_093040.jpg
    20200816_093040.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 26
Since I'm never home over the winter, I end up doing all my cold smoking in the spring and fall. So, I just set the heat on my MES so it is just above ambient air temp outside the smoker--just hot enough to get good air flow from the AMNPS in the mailbox on out the exhaust on the MES. Generally around 70 to 80 degrees. I've never had a problem at those temps.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky