How to position the "flame disk bowl" - Masterbuilt 40"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fuse24

Original poster
May 13, 2016
Ridiculous question - where exactly do I place the flame disk bowl inside the dual-fuel 40" Masterbuilt?  Currently I have it sitting completely on the burner ring, though I could easily position it to be propped on the ring itself.  I've watched a few videos (will be by first time using Sunday) and I can't decide if the bowl is on the burner or on top.  I've seen the one photo of the guy with the cast iron skillet with screws drilled in that apparently allows for a gap between the burner and the bottom of the skillet.  I was able to push it down on the ring as it appeared that was the way to do it, but that covers the burner.

The instructions say "as shown" and that isn't clear to me. 

And I'll be using chips, though it appears most use chunks - despite the instructions.  Guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks for any help and the sad question.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky