How to make Babyback Ribs on Weber Charcoal Grill for 3 people??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erie

Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I would like to know how to make Babbyback Ribs on a Weber Charcoal Grill and if you have a very good recipe and rub for them.

3 people? should take one whole rack...

Night before: pull the membrane off the back...put a thin layer of mustard on both sides of the ribs (never taste it)..put rub on each side.

i use a few different rubs but a good rub to start with a Weber brand rub or if you want Salt pepper onion garlic sugar or even Jeff's rub that you can buy from this website...

put in the fridge overnight

put some charcoal to one side of your kettle grill...put some pellets and/or chunks (not soaked) on the charcoal --3-4 pieces or a handful of pellets ought to do it

Light about 8-10 pieces of charcoal in a chimney ...put 4-5 lit charcoal on each side of the unlit charcoal in the kettle 

once it gets going a little put your ribs on the rack opposite side of the lit charcoal and put on the lid..leave for about 2 hours

go back and wrap the ribs in foil with apple juice apple cider vinegar 50/50 mix (just a tablespoons or two's worth) leave for 1 hour

Then unwrap...do the bend test...if you pick up with tongs and it bends well then its about done or use a thermometer (195 bite through- 205 for fall off the bone degrees)

if they are close, brush with a light sauce ( your favorite) and move closer to the heat for 20-30 minutes. if they are not where you want them wrap for 30 more minutes and repeat

let rest for 30 minutes or so and slice ....its easier to slice ribs when you are looking at the back

This is how i would do it Your Mileage may vary!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

These pics are from a spare rib cook, 

Grill set up-

Applying the rub-

Lump charcoal, fully lit and placed at the end of each row of briquettes-

Meat in the middle-

Temp-

Done in about 3.5-4 hours, it was a while ago so that's a guess, YMMV-

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky