How to get more smoke out of MB propane vertical smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aiwa101

Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Hey everyone i recently picked up a masterbuilt adventure series 30 inch thermo-temp propane smoker. I couldn't get much smoke from it so i moved the wood chip bowl to directly on top of the heat dissipator. After about 30 mins i noticed the white acidic smoke that you don't want filling up the smoker. I then saw people use a cast iron skillet and i tried that and put it in the tray for chip bowl which is in the door. No change in terms of amount of smoke so i then put it on the heat dissipator directly above the flame and no change either. Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• masterbuilt-mps-340g-thermotemp-xl-propane-smoker2-600pix.jpg
    masterbuilt-mps-340g-thermotemp-xl-propane-smoker2-600pix.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
I have the 40" thermotemp and have no trouble getting thin blue smoke. I use only chunks (not chips). Chunks about the size of a deck of cards seem to do the best. I put one or two in the pan and they smoke for an hour or so depending on the temp of the smoker.
If that is not working for you, get a smoker tube that burns pellets. I put mine on the bracket that holds the chip pan close to the door so it is not over the burner. That will get you about 3 hours of smoke

I have the 40" thermotemp and have no trouble getting thin blue smoke. I use only chunks (not chips). Chunks about the size of a deck of cards seem to do the best. I put one or two in the pan and they smoke for an hour or so depending on the temp of the smoker.
If that is not working for you, get a smoker tube that burns pellets. I put mine on the bracket that holds the chip pan close to the door so it is not over the burner. That will get you about 3 hours of smoke

which do you prefer? the chunks or smoker tube?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky