How to eliminate smoke odor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

missed-em

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Dorchester, Il
Set up my Bradley smoker in my garage/shop. Range hood vented out the window. Works well yet some smoke odors remain. Other than time and ventilation is there a way to eliminate the smoky odor?

Reactions: JLeonard
You could try repeated uses of smoke eliminator spray or "smoke eater" candles.
Of course, time and ventilation is the least expensive option.

Reactions: sawhorseray
My wife smoked two chuck roasts and boneless beef ribs in garage yesterday...one window open and garage door open about a foot. Garage still smells heavenly today! Only problem is it doesn't last long enough.
Sorry, not much help with your issue.

Ryan

My wife smoked two chuck roasts and boneless beef ribs in garage yesterday...one window open and garage door open about a foot. Garage still smells heavenly today! Only problem is it doesn't last long enough.
Sorry, not much help with your issue.

Ryan

Is a garage that smells of heavenly smoke a bad thing? Not in my book!

I love the smell of the smoke but seems to me that repeatedly doing so in a semi confined space would get pretty over bearing. My solution would be to smoke outside. I do that in Ohio year round.

I too was wondering why you would want the Great Smell of Smoked Meat out of the Garage. I find within a few minutes, I go Nose Blind and don't notice strong smells in an environment I'm spending time in. My Wife likes scented Candles burning. I can smell them entering the living room, but in 10-15 minutes, I'm no longer noticing the candle sent...JJ

Anybody ever try that stuff they used to burn, back in the 60s???
It was called "Incense".
Could be good for the females of the species who don't appreciate the Awesome Smell of Hickory Smoke.

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
If I didn't mind the sheetrock all smoked up, I would do it in the garage all the time. Love the smell. Neighbor always says that I have the best smelling garage. I keep both smokers inside after use.

My whole backyard & patio smell like a BBQ joint & I love it. Even if I haven’t smoked something in a couple of weeks when you walk up to my house it still smells like good BBQ!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky