How to clean tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Khrakk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
E. Texas
I'm a new user of the Amaz-N smoking tube, and I was curious how everyone keeps theirs clean. Got mine in October and have quite a few uses on it, so I just ran it through the dishwasher. Came pretty clean, but still somewhat discolored. What do the rest of you do (if anything).

Thx

Not sure which tube you have . I have an older 12 " , no holes in the fixed cap . A 6 and a 12 that have holes in the fixed cap .
I don't worry about color , but you need to pay attention to the bottom along the length of the tube , and the fixed cap end . It becomes clogged after several uses , and can cause bad smoke .
I just soak mine in the sink to soften up the gunk . Then wire brush . I spray the sink with cooking spray before I fill with water .

Like what was said above, I don't worry about the colors.
The important thing is to keep the perforation holes clear.
In my AMNPS (Tray) I just use an old paint brush. The Tube should call for the same thing, only harder to get to.

Bear

I use a toothbrush on my maze

Chris

One thing about the tube , it's hard to see inside . Over time it builds up at the end and it's hard to see . That's why I mentioned the tube with no holes in the fixed cap . Also the reason I had to soak one of mine . Build up was about 1/2 " at the solid cap and couldn't tell just by looking in .
Wire brush and tooth picks now that it's cleaned .

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't recall if my tube (actually oval shapped) is perforated on the closed end, but I did notice some of the perforations along the side had clogged. I ran it through the dishwasher and it took care of most of it. I like the idea of soaking in the sink, and that is what I will do next time.

Smoking is turning into an every weekend thing for me now. I used to do it about once per month. I blame smokingmeatforum for my increase in smoking. I enjoy reading about everyone's projects.

I use oven cleaner on my stainless steel grates and tube. I put them in a plastic garbage bag, then spray generously, expell air and twist shut. Let is sit overnight. Then rinse with hot water. Wipe with washcloth and if needed, brush off with stiff nylon brush. Then I rinse with a diluted vinegar/water solution.
Beer line cleaner also works, but has to soak in a tub/sink.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky