how much $ per pound for brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Funk,

I can't remember what it says. Seems like it says "whole beef brisket" but I can't say for sure.

If you look for the biggest chunk of beef, thick on one end and thin on the other and it says brisket then that will be what you want.

WOW talk about a price difference..

I just checked this weekend..

$6.99 per pound for flats....$1.39 per pound for packers...

guess which way I'm a leaning??

A little forward?? :P (I was tempted to ask "To the right?" but then that wouldn't be very PC . :roll:

My second guess is you're going with a packer?? :mrgreen:

I know it's a pain in the butt to trim down a brisket, and if you're a meat market that probably means trimming down dozens of briskets, but still that seems like a large difference in price.

If a market can sell packer briskets for $1.69 a pound, their price for it is like 80-90 cents a pound. For trimmed briskets they pay close to $3.00-3.50 a pound. Now if they can take that 90 cents a pound packer and split the point and flat and trim them up andd turn around and sell them for $6.99 a pound; the market has a greater profit margin than if they order in trimmed flats and points. It's basicly "All hail the mighty dollar". :)

The true local grocery store (read not Wal-Mart) had packer cuts in cry-ovac, trimmed, for $1.99 a lb. this weekend. Pretty sweet deal I thought. I rolled them around and they had been trimmed about perfect for smoking. All I did was unwrap it and rub it down. I usually don't like to buy and freeze my meat for smoking, but I broke the rules and snagged a couple extras too.

is that 60 lb of brisket and
24 lbs of pork loin
fo r 71 bucks????

where you at????
is that Mid nite Meat sales????
thats a division of
spotandsteel.....

Here In SE Wisconsin there's a GFS restaurant supply store That's open to the public (Gordon Food Service) and they usually have a nice selection of packer cut Briskets 10 - 15 lbs

But the price is a bit shocking @ 3.99 lb

I just bought one and it was just under $60 but quite Delicious

if you can handle the sticker shock

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky