How many us hunt ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How many of us hunt and what do you hunt with??

• with a bow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • with a rifle

• with a black powder rifle

• BB gun

• all or most of the above

• I dont hunt at all

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I hunt for my food everytime I go to the store, perferred weapon, vision card. lol
I have always wanted to go hunting but never had anyone to teach me.

I hunt with my granddad's 100 year old 12 ga. shotgun, a pump 20 ga., a Parker bow, and a Remington 7mm08 Mt. Rifle.

Alpine Frontier bow. 70#
Browning A Bolt II Composite stalker. 338 Win Mag
Remington 870 Wingmaster, Rib and Vent Barrel 12 guage, 28 inch, Mod choke.

I like the Bow the best.

I hunt by Aspen will be there the first two weeks of Archery. If ya wanna come let me know. Across the counter Either sex Elk.

In the city???? Rarely, unless I am actually trying to find the criminals. Naw....I am like "Daddyzaring". I load up my wallet with the plastic, put the family in the car, head over to the local grocery store & then push & shove people out of the way for the good deals. Does that count??
icon_redface.gif

I hunt mostly whitetail deer, and rabbits.
H & R 50 cal muzzle loader
270 bolt action rifle
parker crosbow due to being dissabled
12 gauge shotgun
Remember for all gods creatures there are mashed potatoes and gravy.

My three kids and I hunt every fall -- deer & elk mostly, dove, turkey. My kids use 270's & I hunt with a 8mm Mauser, S&W 44 mag, Super X 12 ga., & a Cougar compound bow. Eat everything we harvest (except quill pigs and coyotes -- taken as a favor to our rancher buddy).

Deer: Bowtech Allegiance, Bowtech Tribute, Ruger M77 in .308, CVA Pro Elite .50 in-line muzzleloader
Elk: either of the bows above or Remington model 700 in 300 Ultramag
Turkey: Remington 1187 12 gauge
Waterfowl: Remington 870 12 gauge
Fox and Racoons: Savage 93R17BTVS in 17HMR or Ruger 77/22 in 22 mag
Coyote: Savage FP 10 in .223, Ruger 77/22 in 22 mag, or Remington 1187
Groundhogs: Savage FP10 or Savage 93R17BTVS
Bear: Ruger M77 in .308 or Remington model 700 in 300 Ultramag

I eat everything but the predators and groundhogs. The predators get skinned and tanned, groundhogs feed the predators.

You forgot handgun as an option.
biggrin.gif

I was drawn for elk this year after about eight years since last drawn. I will be packing a Remington 721 30-06 Ackley Improved & also a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mag w/ a Nikon 2x. If I can get close enough, I would love to take one with a handgun.
icon_cool.gif

I retired from the hunting world, when my son started bagging enough meat for all of us to eat. I have 14 rifles, shotguns, and handguns. When I hunted, my favorite weapons were:

.308 Winchester Lever action Model #88 (bought when I came home from Vietnam).

Savage 24DL over&under 22LR over 20gage (Christmas Present when I was 15).

Jennings Arrow star (haven't bowhunted for many years---since I tore up my shoulder & collar bone).

Bearcarver

My wife and I both hunt elk and deer. We always seem to have plenty of meat.
biggrin.gif

I used to hunt and fish, but do neither now. Guess I lost my hunting party over time and then life got in the way. Ithica 20 ga., Remmingon 870 Express-lefty (Ithica worked great for us leftys). Still have the Remmy, and miss the Ithica...but have graduated to handguns. Now I hunt paper targets and other things at the range.

I'd like to open my bedroom window and hunt that damn robin that cant get a date and starts chirping outside the window every morning at 4:45...but the wife says I cant!

I used to bow hunt; I took a couple of deer back in my teens and early 20s with a beautiful wood recurve bow given me by an uncle.

I don't anymore. Though I might opt to do so in the future.... but I just don't get a thrill from killing things so it's unlikely.

No way I'd go out there during rifle season. Too many idiots out there with guns
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
I have no objection to gun ownership, I just wish people would be more skilled and responsible with them. Bowhunting accidents are almost unheard-of, while every year a number of people get shot by errant hunter's .30s.

For most of my life (starting out as a six year old 'bird dog') I have been an upland game bird hunter, dove, quail, pheasant and turkey. I also love waterfowl hunting for ducks and geese as well as deer, rabbit and squirrel. My favorite tool for most of this is the shotgun but for deer I will use the centrerfire and BP rifles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky