How many pork shoulder butts should I cook for 100 pulled pork sandwiches?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks like a good half pound sandwich. Assuming you'll yield about 50% of the raw weight when finished, your 8 lb butt will feed 8 people.

I always figure 6 ounces of sandwich meat per sandwich. So 100 sandwiches would be 600 ounces of meat or 37.5 pounds. So with roughly 50% shrinkage you need to start with about 75 to 80 lbs of raw pork butt. Sounds like about 8 to 10 average pork butts.

I always figure 6 ounces of sandwich meat per sandwich. So 100 sandwiches would be 600 ounces of meat or 37.5 pounds. So with roughly 50% shrinkage you need to start with about 75 to 80 lbs of raw pork butt. Sounds like about 8 to 10 average pork butts.
X2...JJ
icon14.gif

I have to second this comment. Also having a bit extra never hurt for let overs or seconds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky