How many of you use your water pan with your AMNPS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Do you use water in the pan while using an AMNPS?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No, but I do something else to keep the meat moist (comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I heard that before, but I clean mine before every use, and I have never had trouble seeing everything inside, except when the inside is covered with condensation & water streaks running down the glass.

Bear
Within a 1/2 to 1 hour my glass is either covered in water or smoke residue and I can't really see anything through it, doesn't bother me really. Once done smoking a little rubbing alcohol takes the crud right off. Paper towel used to clean the glass comes away with a nice brown smoke color to it.

I love this forum, I've been adding water the entire time I've been smoking and I always thought something was off. I had a thought about it and came here to double check and everyone answered it for me. Thanks guys, y'all rock.

I've never used mine yet.

But I was thinking about using it for BBQ Beans. Heat them and add smoke.
What do you guys think?
Might make a decent bean bucket.... :rolleyes:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky