how many is too many?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ricardo's

Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
wife says three BBQ' is too many for our small patio. is that possible?

1) Webber performer - This was my go to grill for everything until i bought my:

2) Traeger Eastwood 22 - just got it and love it.

3) her gas grill/non-negotiable. sorry i don't know what brand it is, I've only use it once. she uses it to sear after sous-viding (spelling?)

That's definitely not too many. I have six and they all get used. Just two of us(doesnt mean I dont get a little grief from my better half) (i dont criticize how many pairs of shoes a person should own).

I got 3 myself, I don't think it's to many. especially since my wife bought me two of them.

Last edited:
Have 3 and the 4th on the way in a couple of months.
Motto; more is better.
I'm not obsessed, I'm not.....I'm not....I'm not no matter what they say!

I have 7 , but my patio is 25 x 42 . That , and I do what I want most days .

got 4 smokers, electric gas pellet 250 gal pull behind , wanting another 1 or 5 lmao

Reactions: JCAP
The answer is there are never too many! I have 4 not including other grills and things and I still have my eye on about 3 others!

Myself... I think you need a stick burner now... Tell her every time she buys a new pair of shoes or a purse or whatever... you get a new grill/smoker... LOL... and then let us all know how that works...

Reactions: Ricardo's
If you “know” how many you have you don’t have enough.......let’s see I have.......9 (3 wood burners, 2 pellets, 4 gassers) and plans for 4 ish more (2 wood burners & 1 wood/coal hybrid).......and a full brick oven! ......I know I have a problem.......

Well I have,
2 original Weber Performers, (the ones with the Stainless Steel tops).
1 new style Performer, painted steel top,
1 Weber 200 Q
1 GOSM Big Block smoker

So I say no, you are just starting to get into the groove!

I have 3 looking to a 4th only she doesn't know it yet lol got a used brinkmann offset and refurbished it, got a master built vertical propane smoker and a 4 burner propane grill, just need to add a charcoal kettle type to the mix.

You can see from my sig that I am with the ‘mo is better’ camp here. Son in law has an old stick burner we will refurb, and I’m pining to add a pellet also. And yes, all getting used for various reasons.
Don’t need fewer units, just need a bigger deck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky