• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

how many is too many?

Ricardo's

Joined Feb 14, 2020
wife says three BBQ' is too many for our small patio. is that possible?

1) Webber performer - This was my go to grill for everything until i bought my:

2) Traeger Eastwood 22 - just got it and love it.

3) her gas grill/non-negotiable. sorry i don't know what brand it is, I've only use it once. she uses it to sear after sous-viding (spelling?)

wild west

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2016
That's definitely not too many. I have six and they all get used. Just two of us(doesnt mean I dont get a little grief from my better half) (i dont criticize how many pairs of shoes a person should own).

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
I got 3 myself, I don't think it's to many. especially since my wife bought me two of them.

Last edited:

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Dangerous grounds here. You really want us to tell you what to do with your wife's thoughts? Lol, you are on your own troop.

ofelles

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 16, 2019
Have 3 and the 4th on the way in a couple of months.
Motto; more is better.
I'm not obsessed, I'm not.....I'm not....I'm not no matter what they say!

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have 7 , but my patio is 25 x 42 . That , and I do what I want most days .

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
got 4 smokers, electric gas pellet 250 gal pull behind , wanting another 1 or 5 lmao

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 12, 2019
The answer is there are never too many! I have 4 not including other grills and things and I still have my eye on about 3 others!

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Myself... I think you need a stick burner now... Tell her every time she buys a new pair of shoes or a purse or whatever... you get a new grill/smoker... LOL... and then let us all know how that works...

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
If you “know” how many you have you don’t have enough.......let’s see I have.......9 (3 wood burners, 2 pellets, 4 gassers) and plans for 4 ish more (2 wood burners & 1 wood/coal hybrid).......and a full brick oven! ......I know I have a problem.......

olecrosseyes

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jul 16, 2007
Well I have,
2 original Weber Performers, (the ones with the Stainless Steel tops).
1 new style Performer, painted steel top,
1 Weber 200 Q
1 GOSM Big Block smoker

So I say no, you are just starting to get into the groove!

Motorboat40

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 5, 2020
I have 3 looking to a 4th only she doesn't know it yet lol got a used brinkmann offset and refurbished it, got a master built vertical propane smoker and a 4 burner propane grill, just need to add a charcoal kettle type to the mix.

Inscrutable

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
You can see from my sig that I am with the ‘mo is better’ camp here. Son in law has an old stick burner we will refurb, and I’m pining to add a pellet also. And yes, all getting used for various reasons.
Don’t need fewer units, just need a bigger deck!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.