• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How long is buckboard bacon good for?

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2010
How long is buckboard good for in the fridge after it has been smoked to under 152F?  And over 152F?

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
About a dozen fried eggs per pound, over easy.
 Hey' I'm serious!

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
I've kept it in the fridge for about 2 weeks.  I do all mine to above 140° making it fully cooked to kill trich.  Any more time the meat will start getting slimy or develop a salt mold both of which will wash off, but will end up permeating into the meat and spoiling it.  I cut the butts in half lengthwise prior to pickling them to make them more like regular bacon slices so they're smaller, and likewise I don't have to keep as much unthawed either.

It's just the wife and myself now so we freeze it all up and just pull it out a piece at a time.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Dang POPS ,You sure know how to make a fellow hungry this early in the morning!

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2010
Thanks pops. You're ok in my book, I don't care what they say about you.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
You da man, Pops !!!

Nice view!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.