How long does smoked cheese last?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

racp78

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
I smoked a bunch of hard cheeses about 14 months ago and vacuum sealed it. I still have a few packages left over. Should be ok to eat right?

Also, I smoked some blocks of mozzarella and have some of that left over. Would that still be ok to eat? No mold on it.

as long as the seal isn't leaking and kept cold there is people on here that have held it for 2-3 years and still good, I would say go ahead and enjoy

Consensus here says that smoked cheeses are fine as long as they are vac sealed and no mold is present.
In fact some claim they are even better when aged that long.

As stated above you are good to go. I’ve got several blocks in my fridge right now almost 2 years old. Had some the other day actually and it was awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky