1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How long does smoked cheese last?

Discussion in 'Smoked Cheese' started by racp78, May 15, 2019.

1. racp78

racp78 Newbie

I smoked a bunch of hard cheeses about 14 months ago and vacuum sealed it. I still have a few packages left over. Should be ok to eat right?

Also, I smoked some blocks of mozzarella and have some of that left over. Would that still be ok to eat? No mold on it.

2. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

as long as the seal isn't leaking and kept cold there is people on here that have held it for 2-3 years and still good, I would say go ahead and enjoy

3. SGMan

SGMan Smoke Blower

Consensus here says that smoked cheeses are fine as long as they are vac sealed and no mold is present.
    In fact some claim they are even better when aged that long.

4. ristau5741

ristau5741 Meat Mopper

Never had smoked cheese last that long, it's always eat it up, yum! GONE

5. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

As stated above you are good to go. I’ve got several blocks in my fridge right now almost 2 years old. Had some the other day actually and it was awesome

6. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Afraid I can't really help you as for how long it will last. It simply never sticks around here for more than a couple of months. If yours has some mold on it, just trim it off. Cheese has a huge life span.
    Gary

SGMan and JC in GB like this.