How do you do a smoked beer chicken?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shea1973

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
From Vandalia Illinois
I was thinking about smoking a whole chicken with beer on Pecan Wood.   I have heard that you can stick a beer can on the inside of the chicken and the beer flows over the chicken?  I have never done a chicken with beer so if anyone could list any recipe or provide a link as to doing one I would appreciate it!   Thank You

Drink half the beer, THEN set the chicken over the can
beercheer.gif
  It's the steam from the beer that works it's magic on the chicken, but Sprite or 7up does just as good.  When I used a full can, quite a bit bubbled out so I reduce the amount to 1/2 or 3/4 full
cheers.gif

I always did them on the gas grill with indirect heat

Drink the entire beer, spatchcock the chicken, smoke it at 350 for roughly 90 minutes or until the breast hits 160, rest it and then drink the rest of the 6 pack with some of the best chicken you've ever had.

Thank You all for the post and help.  So my understanding is that I keep the temp between 350-375 until the internal temp is at about 160?  Looks like it should take about 90 to a couple hours for the chicken to be done?  

I have already  put the chicken in brine.  The brine has 2/3 cups brown sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt and two tablespoons of Zatarains shrimp and broil.  The company will be over about 5 tomorrow so plan on starting up the fire about 1:00pm, so hope that isn't too soon.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky