How do I smoke Hamburgers????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schneidu

Original poster
Jan 1, 2014
Littleton Colorado
Hello everyone I am wanting to try to smoke some hamburgers tonight for dinner. Is this a good idea ? If so what tempiture and for how long ? PLEASE HELP

I smoke at 225 until almost done then sear them over the hot coals or grill.

It don't take long, maybe 1 hour.

I do them in my UDS right on the rack.

Any thing you want.

I use hickory for just about everything.

Cherry and pecan is a great blend for beef, and for that matter chicken and pork. Smoke over low temps and then sear. Or run the smoker hot and do it in one step. Best smoker for doing the low temp them sear is the Mini-WSM.

You can smoke burgers on a charcoal grill. You don't need a smoker. Just sear the burgers on both sides then throw some hickory in the coals and close the lid. Make sure the top and bottom vents are completely open. Let them cook until desired doneness.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky