How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 every time I

goggled a question about smoking this site would pop up. so then I would be stuck here for days stalking the forms and sucking up knowledge of folks who realy seemed to know what they were doing. so hence the name meatstalker. sounded better than lurker.

round here they call locals ridge runners and pretty much anyone else a flatlander
Welcome Meatstalker!!

Yup, I know all about the Ridge Runners. I got a Buddy who built his own Log Cabin near Coudersport, Potter County, PA. 

Cut his own trees down, stripping the bark & stacking everything by hand & with a pickup truck.

A few years ago, he put a well in & Septic, and moved in permanent.

That's a Flatlander turned Ridge Runner!!

Bear

We Had a Halloween coming up and my niece wanted to make a custom for me. She knew I love to cook and asked her mom to go out and buy a chefs hat and a white apron. Where they took a permanent black marker and wrote Chef-Boy RD. Witch the RD stands for  my initials

When I was 9 living back on the farm I went for a walk to the back 40 , was just sittin on a log enjoying the spring day when a she wolf come walking up , scared the puddin out of me till she sat down . I started talking to her and she started moving her head back and forth just like my  hound . Had a thing for wolves ever since , hence the name grey wolf

Reactions: humdinger
When my oldest nephew started taking he said Gunkle instead of Uncle. It was my name till all 4 of my nieces and nephews got to about 15. All the other uncles were gunkle followed by there name. I was always just gunkle. Like I was the original.

When I first moved into my house I would catch lizards and get them to open their mouths, I would get them to bite onto my ears...The neighborhood kids would laugh their heads off, they named me 'Lizardman'...

When I first moved into my house I would catch lizards and get them to open their mouths, I would get them to bite onto my ears...The neighborhood kids would laugh their heads off, they named me 'Lizardman'...
LOL---I'm visualizing that.

Those kids must have loved you!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Welcome Meatstalker!!

Yup, I know all about the Ridge Runners. I got a Buddy who built his own Log Cabin near Coudersport, Potter County, PA.

Cut his own trees down, stripping the bark & stacking everything by hand & with a pickup truck.

A few years ago, he put a well in & Septic, and moved in permanent.

That's a Flatlander turned Ridge Runner!!

Bear
Bearcarver

your step by steps are truly inspirational.

just put some beef in refer to cure gotta try your dried beef

Well, I'm polish if you hadn't guessed (Kwiatkowski), so the Tomski portion of my name was a no brainer however there are a lot of Tom's out there who are polish so I don't get to use Tomski very often so I attached the 14 because I'm the 14th to be born in my family out of a total of 17.

I like pork and smoked bbq pork is ridiculously tasty so it was a toss up between Porkgasm or Porknography, I like funny names.

Same here, nothing deep - mee1964; initials / year I was born.  But a lot of people used to call me by my first two initials, ME (I'm sure bystanders thought my name was Emmy) so it was something I got accustomed hearing.

Last edited:
At work I use an instrument called Direct Analysis in Real Time - an ion source coupled to a time-of-flight mass spectrometer.  I have been on the forefront of forensic applications of this instrument for almost 8 years now.  Thus, Dartguy!

Reactions: humdinger
Same here. "Joseph" was taken, so I added the initial of my last name. I used to use several differnt screen names for several different sites, but I kept forgetting which was which. So I went for something simpler.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky