How did you come up with your screen name?

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by deer meat, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Mine is super easy I love smoking as much as possible and 808 is the area code for Hawaii
    Hence my username Smoker808

Aloha!

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Spent 54 weeks on Oahu, but I forgot which side was the windward side.

Bear

3. marcopolo

marcopolo Newbie

The short version of my name is Marco.  Everyone always says the marcopolo thing, so I go with marcopolo.  It's also easy for me to remember.

4. larfleeze

larfleeze Newbie

MINE!!!

5. Aloha Bear,

Windward side is from around Waimanalo to Kahuku. Seeing you were in the Army you may have been in Schofield or Shafter. Windward is the greener wetter side of the islands and the leeward side is more the drier side. Thanks for your service!

Aloha

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thank You!!

Yup---Schofield Barracks. Mrs Bear and I had an apartment in Waipahu, until On-Post Housing opened up. Used to like fishing for Tilapia right near the post. Liked the fact that there were NO Snakes on Oahu!!! [​IMG]

Bear

7. Well. I'm in Law Enforcement and a gun guy. No greater pistol shooting pleasure than a well made 1911. There us also a Chris Knight song called "Love and a .45". FireAndA45 sounded mire appropriate for a meat smoking call sign!

8. my real name is Michel and my nick name is coco

michelcoco

9. Retired from the Army Nurse Corps in 1986.

10. Clint Eastwood had, has a restaurant, club in Carmel named the Boars Breath. So I Thought what better than a Dragon's Breath for a smoker, grill.

Dave

11. first initial and last name. Easy to remember.

12. grilldad

grilldad Fire Starter

well.... Lets see....I am dad and.....I enjoy grilling. GRILLDAD!

13. my dogs name is dummy {he is realy quite brite} he helps me every time i cook

14. 173rdherd

173rdherd Fire Starter

Thank you for your service!

15. And of course, if you forget, your drivers license is always there!

16. Simple. My favorite pistol is a 1911a1. I have my Dad's 1911 so I feel good about shortening it to 1911. A cute little 3" is always on my side whether grilling, smoking or whatever and whenever. Have been smoking and grilling for years. I now look forward to learning about the cured meats. No refrigerator/freezer conversion yet. Just watching all the fabulous doings here. :) 

17. Mine is an off shoot from Hawaii 5-0.  My name is Dan and instead of "Book em Dano", I chose SmokemDano!

18. I am a huge Duck hunter. Whenever I tell my blind to shoot Im usually screaming, "Cut Em!" Drakes being the male and trophy of most duck species it kinda just fell togaeher. Drakecutter.

19. I'm a huge Phish fan and I'm a guy... I also have saltwater aquariums so it's a 2-fer...

20. vandy58

vandy58 Fire Starter

Vandy has been by nickname for a long time for the same reason as other "vandy's". My football number was 58. If you google Vandy58, I will come up on various other boards. If it is a vandy58, chances are, that is me.