1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How Can I Transport a Heavy Cabinet Smoker?

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by thatguysmokes, May 3, 2018.

1. thatguysmokes

thatguysmokes Newbie

I have a very heavy cabinet smoker I need to take across town and I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest options. I've never moved anything this size and only have 1 person to help. Haven't rented a vehicle or any equipment yet, waiting for your responses guys! Thanks!

2. What size and about how heavy?? 4ft Wide x 4ft Deep x 6ft High or what size????? Or is it larger???

3. Depend some on what type surface(s) you have to move it over and some what the dimensions of the smoker . But if you have to rent something and have hard surfaces or fairly firm surfaces and only one to help...furniture dolly and a pickup should work.

4. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You could buy a refrigerator/appliance dolly lots of places. (Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Fright, etc.)
    Or rent one for the day you need it from U-haul or the like.
    Or rent a lift gate truck and dolly.
    My prices range from a 12 pack to watch and advise, 24 pack to help, or a 30 pack to do it for you and you learn.
    Will work for beer!

Kade and Hank R like this.
  5. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

5B003412-0246-4D4A-9E5E-4D09EE7774BF.png
    What is your back worth? Might at least get a quote.

chopsaw likes this.
  6. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Give the laziest man the hardest job , and you will find the easiest way to do it .
    I'm with Skelly , if you're not sure , get a price from someone to do it .

7. motolife313

motolife313 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good ramp getting it in the trailer and com along it on and tie it down good

8. i6quer

i6quer Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I moved my upright cabinet in our minivan just laying the seats down so it could lay on its side on cardboard. My buddy and I had to work pretty hard to get it upright coming back out but we managed it. We should have put something behind the first set of wheels to touch ground because it started to slide on us and we almost didn't get it upright. The other options would be better for sure, but if you really need cheapest that's what we did.

9. buckaholic84

buckaholic84 Fire Starter

MD
    is it too heavy for a trailer and dolly

10. LanceR

LanceR Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Earth to thatguy....earth to thatguy.....come in thatguy.....

11. Must be a house cause not sure what type of cabinet would be to heavy for a furniture/appliance dolly or a regular rental trailer.