• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How Can I Transport a Heavy Cabinet Smoker?

thatguysmokes

Joined Dec 29, 2014
I have a very heavy cabinet smoker I need to take across town and I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest options. I've never moved anything this size and only have 1 person to help. Haven't rented a vehicle or any equipment yet, waiting for your responses guys! Thanks!

Hank R

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 16, 2018
What size and about how heavy?? 4ft Wide x 4ft Deep x 6ft High or what size????? Or is it larger???

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 2, 2017
I have a very heavy cabinet smoker I need to take across town and I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest options. I've never moved anything this size and only have 1 person to help. Haven't rented a vehicle or any equipment yet, waiting for your responses guys! Thanks!
Depend some on what type surface(s) you have to move it over and some what the dimensions of the smoker . But if you have to rent something and have hard surfaces or fairly firm surfaces and only one to help...furniture dolly and a pickup should work.

SonnyE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 13, 2017
You could buy a refrigerator/appliance dolly lots of places. (Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Fright, etc.)
Or rent one for the day you need it from U-haul or the like.
Or rent a lift gate truck and dolly.
My prices range from a 12 pack to watch and advise, 24 pack to help, or a 30 pack to do it for you and you learn.
Will work for beer!

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
5B003412-0246-4D4A-9E5E-4D09EE7774BF.png

What is your back worth? Might at least get a quote.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Give the laziest man the hardest job , and you will find the easiest way to do it .
I'm with Skelly , if you're not sure , get a price from someone to do it .

motolife313

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2016
Good ramp getting it in the trailer and com along it on and tie it down good

i6quer

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 22, 2014
I moved my upright cabinet in our minivan just laying the seats down so it could lay on its side on cardboard. My buddy and I had to work pretty hard to get it upright coming back out but we managed it. We should have put something behind the first set of wheels to touch ground because it started to slide on us and we almost didn't get it upright. The other options would be better for sure, but if you really need cheapest that's what we did.

LanceR

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 1, 2012
Earth to thatguy....earth to thatguy.....come in thatguy.....

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 2, 2017
Earth to thatguy....earth to thatguy.....come in thatguy.....
Must be a house cause not sure what type of cabinet would be to heavy for a furniture/appliance dolly or a regular rental trailer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.