Hot Smoked Beef Sammy with Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of our favorites growing up was what my Mom called "student sandwiches". Either left over pot roast, turkey or meat loaf on a buttered piece of bread, topped with mashed potatoes and grave with coleslaw on the side. Really tasty. I may have to have that for dinner tonight.

looks damn good bear! we just had tostadas made with smoked chucky topped with home made guac.......kinda like yours but just southwestern.

Man is this old fashion goodness or what?  Reminds me of my first job at Clifton's Cafeteria.  Like all good things from yesterday this eatery treat got lost in the shuffle.

Man is this old fashion goodness or what?  Reminds me of my first job at Clifton's Cafeteria.  Like all good things from yesterday this eatery treat got lost in the shuffle.
Also it doesn't seem like that long ago that it was only about $3.95 on the menu, with Fries, extra gravy & a veggie!!!

Thanks Ej,

Bear

Very few cafe's left around here

I miss the "Beef Special" as they call it up here.

Todd

X2 Todd...around here you had the option of beef or meatloaf on your sandwich.

Bear thanks for the trip down memory lane!!! I love this meal and always look for it on the menu when i stop at a cafe. A piece of homemade pie and a guy was set for the day!!! 
drool.gif

use to spend a lot of time on the road towing a racecar from one track to another , we would always be looking for " the big orange ball " union 76 truck stops. hot roast beef sandwiches with french fries and gravy over everything , the best

Very few cafe's left around here

I miss the "Beef Special" as they call it up here.

Todd
Great tasting cheap meal that I can eat anytime!

Bear

X2 Todd...around here you had the option of beef or meatloaf on your sandwich.

Bear thanks for the trip down memory lane!!! I love this meal and always look for it on the menu when i stop at a cafe. A piece of homemade pie and a guy was set for the day!!! 
drool.gif
"Set for the day"---Amen!

Thanks,

Bear

use to spend a lot of time on the road towing a racecar from one track to another , we would always be looking for " the big orange ball " union 76 truck stops. hot roast beef sandwiches with french fries and gravy over everything , the best
Yup---Even in Old PA, wise travelers know if there are a lot of trucks at a Diner, there is great food inside!!!!

And this is a great meal for less money that nearly anything else on the menu.

Bear

Great all-American post, there brother Bear!  Would've loved to pull up a chair with a good friend and dig in to one of those plates!!

Not sure how I missed this thread. Looks good. I love pulled chuckie. Chuckie tacos are my favorite but with taters and gravy is a close second. Nice plate!

Great all-American post, there brother Bear!  Would've loved to pull up a chair with a good friend and dig in to one of those plates!!

We have 6 chairs at our table, and there are only 2 of us!!!  LOL

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky