Hot pepper mustard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Made 8 pints. This stuff is bangin with bologna or cheese
106FCC53-1B18-4104-9C1E-18D857DBD71F.jpeg
E84EF580-733D-41B9-9CF0-4A6A1866344D.jpeg

4# Hugarian wax peppers
1 qt mustard
1 qt apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
3# light brown sugar OR
6 c. White sugar
1 c. Flour
1 1/2 c. Warm water

Purée peppers with vinegar. Add all ingredients but flour & water. Bring to boil. Make paste with flour & water. Add. Boil hard for 3 minutes constantly stirring to prevent scorching. Process pints 5 minutes. Qts. 10 minutes.

I use regular yellow mustard. We like to leave peppers on plant until red or changing color. Looks more festive than yellow peppers in yellow mustard. CAUTION when adding paste an hard boiling for 3 minutes the stuff gets like lava. Also we have never tried making it with white sugar.

Looks interesting. I am curious if hungarian wax peppers can be replaced with any other peppers... If yes, what kind of pepper would be preferable for this recipe? I never seen Hungarian wax peppers in my local stores. Just googled it and this pepper is not too hot )SHU: 5,000 – 10,000)... Thank you for sharing your recipe and LIKE!

Looks GREAT! My wife and I do pretty much the same recipe. You are right with the cheese thing. We like to pour a jar over a block of softened creme cheese and eat with crackers. YUM!!!

4# Hugarian wax peppers
1 qt mustard
1 qt apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
3# light brown sugar OR
6 c. White sugar
1 c. Flour
1 1/2 c. Warm water

Purée peppers with vinegar. Add all ingredients but flour & water. Bring to boil. Make paste with flour & water. Add. Boil hard for 3 minutes constantly stirring to prevent scorching. Process pints 5 minutes. Qts. 10 minutes.

I use regular yellow mustard. We like to leave peppers on plant until red or changing color. Looks more festive than yellow peppers in yellow mustard. CAUTION when adding paste an hard boiling for 3 minutes the stuff gets like lava. Also we have never tried making it with white

With the short processing times are you doing this in a pressure canner? Or water bath? Just curious if I could do this in a water bath or not. I dont have a pressure canner.

Looks interesting. I am curious if hungarian wax peppers can be replaced with any other peppers... If yes, what kind of pepper would be preferable for this recipe? I never seen Hungarian wax peppers in my local stores. Just googled it and this pepper is not too hot )SHU: 5,000 – 10,000)... Thank you for sharing your recipe and LIKE!
Jalapeños might be a good substitute. This is done in a hot water bath.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky