Hot Italian Sausage recipe wanted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pipinchaz

Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Home is Meadville, PA.
I'm looking for a recipe to make hot Italian sausage. I have been using the mixes and I thought I'd like to try to make some from a scratch recipe. If anyone has one that they would like to share I would appreciate it. I'd like to make some bulk and also some rope sausage for sandwiches.

Thank you

Charlie

Ingredients:

20 pounds ground pork

1/8 cup salt

1/4 cup garlic salt

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

1/2 cup ground paprika

1 cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon anise seed

1 tablespoon fennel seed

1/8 cup red pepper flakes
Directions:
1.Place the ground pork into a large bowl. Season with salt, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika. In a blender or food processor, blend together the oil, anise seed, fennel seed and red pepper flakes. Mix everything into the ground pork until well blended. Refrigerate for 24 hours to let flavors blend. Bag and freeze in portions that suit your needs.
After mixing the meat with all the rest, do a test fry, adjust seasonings if needed then stuff or make patties as needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky