Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
i know its not really a side item but we all like appetizers waiting for the stuff in the smoker to get done..lol

this is a clone recipe of Olive Garden's recipe

1 - 8 oz. pkg.Cream Cheese
1 can 14 oz. Artichoke Hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
1/2 C. Spinach frozen chopped, or steamed
1/4 C. Mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C. Romano Cheese (You can use all Parmesan)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp. Basil (dry 1 Tbsp. Basil Fresh)
1/4 C. Mozzarella Cheese grated
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste

EDIT: i made this tonight and i would probably add about 1/2cup heavy cream to make the mixture a little more smooth

Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. Cream together mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, and garlic salt. Mix well. Add the artichoke hearts and spinach (careful to drain this well), and mix until blended. Store in a container until you are ready to use. Spray pie pan with Pam, pour in dip, and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is browned. Serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips...

i made this tonight.... it tastes good even b4 it gets cooked... after it is even better...

only suggestion i would have is to cook it in a shallow glass baking dish...takes less time than in the deep one we used tonight

Thank's for that one Teacup, my wife's favorite and it's her b-day this week, might even get some bonus points for that
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Thanks Teacup

I love that stuff! Good with a little diced tomato and/or diced bacon too. Did you try smoking it? Bet that'd be good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky