hot and spicy jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigbuck

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
central ohio
anyone have a hot and spicy jerky recipe close to uncle mikes from walnut creek ohio,been trying to get it right but cant seem to find that nitch that I am missing,also looking for hot Italian sausage recipe,willing to give them all a try!!!!

Here is my last jerky. You can spice it up with more pepper.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/143265/mules-venison-jerky-w-qview-and-recipe

Well it is time to make some Bambi jerky. I had the hind leg in the freezer from last hunting season.

So i pulled it out thinking sausage??? or jerky??? well i decided jerky. However i could still change

my mind. Here is what i have done so far. I boned the leg. Placed in freezer to firm it up. Sliced

about 3/16" thick. Give or take. If it was thick. I would flatten it with the palm of my hand. Then i made

up a batch of brine. Brought water to boil. Added all ingredients and simmered 15 min. the allowed to

cool. Then in the project fridge.

Ingredients

1 boned deer leg = 4269 g or 9.4 pound

1/2 gallon water

Cure #1 = 15g

Kosher salt = 61g

Dark Brown sugar = 43g

Onion powder = 11g

Ground dried Tabasco peppers = 3g

Black pepper = 3g

Worcestershire Sauce = 1 1/4 cup

Soy sauce = 3/4 cup

Honey (from my bees) = 1/4 cup

Garlic = 8 cloves

I hope this helps.

Happy smoken.

David

I would marinate about 3 Lbs in 3 cups of Soy sauce and 1 cup of brown sugar, add 1 cup Liquid Smoke if not using a smoker.  For heat add crushed Chilli Peppers or Cayenne pepper.  Then dehydrate or smoke, if no Liquid Smoke was used, until done to the dryness you want.

Hot Italian Sausage Recipe

20 pounds ground pork

1/8 cup salt

1/4 cup garlic salt

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

1/2 cup ground paprika

1 cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon anise seed

1 tablespoon fennel seed

1/8 cup red pepper flakes
Directions:
1.Place the ground pork into a large bowl. Season with salt, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika. In a blender or food processor, blend together the oil, anise seed, fennel seed and red pepper flakes. Mix everything into the ground pork until well blended. Refrigerate for 24 hours to let flavors blend. Bag and freeze in portions that suit your needs.

Looks awesome,but there is a specific recipe I'm trying to nail down,place in Ohio makes a hot and spicy jerky called uncle Mike's, I know of a guy who worked there buy won't share recipe, surely someone has gotten the recipe close,help anyone??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky