Hope to be on my way to some great smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deadeye dan

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Hello, I hope to learn a lot from all you skilled smokers.  I have smoked some meats, chicken, a bison roast, turkey, ribs.  I retired a while back from the Postal Service and have much more time to cook and smoke stuff.  I live in Dubois WY and usually have a freezer full of wild game and fish.  I guide elk hunters in the fall for one of our local outfitters and I also spend too much time at the local golf course.  Thanks in advance for all the knowledge I know I will get all of you!

Hello, I hope to learn a lot from all you skilled smokers.  I have smoked some meats, chicken, a bison roast, turkey, ribs.  I retired a while back from the Postal Service and have much more time to cook and smoke stuff.  I live in Dubois WY and usually have a freezer full of wild game and fish.  I guide elk hunters in the fall for one of our local outfitters and I also spend too much time at the local golf course.  Thanks in advance for all the knowledge I know I will get all of you!

Welcome, not too far from ya ! Look forward to seeing ya around the forum and may need to look ya up for an elk hunt ! Any questions just drop a line and someone will be kickin around here with an answer ! Justin

Thanks for the welcome!  So here is my first question.  I guess I need another smoker to get more involved.  My one and only is a little kettle smoker from Cabelas that must be 15 years old.  I think I might want a propane one.  It is cold and windy in my neck of the woods.  Suggestions please? 

I have a pellet smoker and WSM 18.5" , they are both great and well used but been using the pellet more as of late. Justin

Welcome.

There are quite a few options and you will get several opinions on what to use. Remember, it's your smoker, get what you want and enjoy it with family and friends.

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky