HOOOOTTTTT Snack Sticks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
I'm looking for a recipe for 7 lbs of venison/pork butt that I'm turning into snack sticks. This recipe needs to be HOT!! extremely hot. This is at the request of my son. He'll be home for the holidays and would like some snack sticks that will leave him breathing fire. I could go searching through all the recipes online, but I'm looking for first hand experience. These need to be some of the hottest snack sticks you have had the pleasure of sampling. If you have such a recipe and are willing to share, I would be mighty appreciative.

Thank you....

Gigawatt seasoning plus ghost pepper cheese from Walton’s is excellent for hot snack sticks.

I'm looking for a recipe for 7 lbs of venison/pork butt that I'm turning into snack sticks. This recipe needs to be HOT!! extremely hot. This is at the request of my son. He'll be home for the holidays and would like some snack sticks that will leave him breathing fire. I could go searching through all the recipes online, but I'm looking for first hand experience. These need to be some of the hottest snack sticks you have had the pleasure of sampling. If you have such a recipe and are willing to share, I would be mighty appreciative.

Thank you....
If you have some really hot peppers you can cut them in half and dehydrate them in a dehydrator or if you have an electric smoker you can dehydrate them there.

Dehydrated peppers, pepper crumbs, or pepper powder will do wonders for concentrated pepper flavor in your sausage. (and heat in this case).

If you use a dehydrator then use it outside or you will pepper gas yourself and your house hahaha.

Once they are good and dehydrated they will be be added and will crumble easily, OR you can grind in a grinder with a spice grinder.

I use my magic bullet with the grinder blade but DON'T open the thing after you grind.
Grind it all up and then set it on the counter and come back an hour later once all the powdered has settled.
Then it is MANDATORY to go outside and wear some face sealing safety glasses or goggles (swimming goggles) and a dust mask as you pour this into it's final holding container or baggy.

Again this stuff will pepper gas/spray you and you will be in agony hahahaa.

OR, just buy it the dried peppers or powder online and let some company handle all that hahahaha.
I realized while writing this that not everyone grows their own peppers or has access to them but most stores in the US should have Habanero's and u could dehydrate those if you need and dehydrated concentrated heat is for real :)

made these a few times, should make a good snack stick.

5 pounds pork butt
12 oz of good beer

2 T black pepper

2 T crushed red pepper

2 T cayenne

2 T papricka

3 T kosher salt

2 T mustard seeds

1/4 cup diced garlic

1 tsp cure #1

1 cup dry'd powdered milk [I added this to retain moisture]

I ground the pork once with a medium plate. Spread the powdered milk and mustard seeds over the meat. Put the rest of the ingredients and cure in the beer and mixed it up and poured it over the meat and mixed it all up good. Put the sausage mix in the fridge overnight for the spices and cure to meld. Next day I stuffed it all into hog casings. Let the casings air dry for a spell and then put them in the smoker with a temp at 130 deg for awhile. Then I put the temp up to 190 deg with only one load of oak/maple mix for smoke since he only wanted a light smoke. When the internal was at 155 or so I pulled them out and put them in cold water. Then took them out when they cooled and let them dry on the counter until they cooled further. In they went in the fridge again overnight and the next day I vac sealed them.

Last edited:
Several years ago, ,my friends kept asking for me to make my jerky HOTTER. I ordered some Ghost Pepper powder off Amazon, and the next time i made snack sticks, i was pretty drunk by the time i got to the mixing in the meat mixer. I remember thinking..."You want it Hot, huh....well...your gonna get it HOT....", and proceeded to dump 2 tablespoons of the powder into the mix. For 7lbs.

It was a nightmare handling the meat, when i forgot to glove up, and smoking it was like a tear gas training video....and God help you if you wandered into the garage while it was in the dehydrator...

But holy s**t....they ate it most of it in 2 days. My friend Jenny said her kids were on the ground, damn near in tears, while saying..."it's sooo good....its so good".

I just don't get it. But if you want hot-as-the-surface-of-the-sun....get you some ghost pepper powder. maybe even Carolina reaper, if its available.

Several years ago, ,my friends kept asking for me to make my jerky HOTTER. I ordered some Ghost Pepper powder off Amazon, and the next time i made snack sticks, i was pretty drunk by the time i got to the mixing in the meat mixer. I remember thinking..."You want it Hot, huh....well...your gonna get it HOT....", and proceeded to dump 2 tablespoons of the powder into the mix. For 7lbs.

It was a nightmare handling the meat, when i forgot to glove up, and smoking it was like a tear gas training video....and God help you if you wandered into the garage while it was in the dehydrator...

But holy s**t....they ate it most of it in 2 days. My friend Jenny said her kids were on the ground, damn near in tears, while saying..."it's sooo good....its so good".

I just don't get it. But if you want hot-as-the-surface-of-the-sun....get you some ghost pepper powder. maybe even Carolina reaper, if its available.
Just bought some Reaper off Amazon. A buddy came by to return a borrowed tool, I mentioned i received it today. He asked to try some. He took off the top, dipped his pinkie in to get just a bit on the tip. Touched his tongue and couldn't talk for 15 minutes. Guess its pretty hot.

Watching to see what people offered up as fire breathing. Hot is hot, but I prefer some flavor from the chilies.
Away from home pantry or I would have offered to send to you a few of my favorites.
Dried habanero, dried Thai and dried Korean are my staple. Added dried Scotch Bonnet this year.
Got some dried jalapeno too but that is for my use only.

I grew ghost peppers a few years ago. Great heat but lacking in pepper flavor for me.

Use the reaper powder, wear gloves and process with caution.

Watching to see what people offered up as fire breathing. Hot is hot, but I prefer some flavor from the chilies.
Away from home pantry or I would have offered to send to you a few of my favorites.
Dried habanero, dried Thai and dried Korean are my staple. Added dried Scotch Bonnet this year.
Got some dried jalapeno too but that is for my use only.

I grew ghost peppers a few years ago. Great heat but lacking in pepper flavor for me.

Use the reaper powder, wear gloves and process with caution.
Copy...thanks for the info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky