Honker Bites with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 19, 2007
Upstate NY
Had the family over for a late Thanksgiving dinner. Earlier in the season my buddy and I had shot a bunch of geese and I came up with this idea for some smoked goose. I cut up a bunch of breast meat into small bite size cubes being careful to trim off all the undesriable stuff.

Marinaed the goose for 3 days in 1 cup A1, one cup whiskey, and 3/4 cup brown sugar. After marinating I wrapped the chunks in......what else.....Bacon!

On the smoker they go! Also had two hams going already.

Smoked them for about 2 hours at 235 or so. Was shooting for internal of 160 but overe shot and they went to 170. They were still absolutely delish! Even the "really I don't like goose" people loved them! Next time I would be more careful about going too long, they were a little dry but not bad.

Thanks for looking!

Billbo

Last edited:
these sound great.... I wonder if they would benefit from a brine to help keep them moist ? thinking they would need to go at least 2 hrs for the bacon to get done.... nice job

Great idea JD! Probably brining overnight before throwing them in the marinade would help. They were still awesome though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky