Honey Smoked (Cherry/Hickory) Turkey Breasts!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Friend of mine lost power at their house. They were out of town when hurricane Ida hit. Said go get whatever I can save from the freezer in the garage. Found these two fully cooked, brined turkey breasts in the their freezer. I took them home and put them back in deep freeze. Decided to pull them out and Smoke them with some cherry and hickory.
IMG_20211022_190039294.jpg

Q-view...
IMG_20211022_184455695.jpg

I based honey every hour. Got them cooling now. will fridge overnight and slice tomorrow for lunch meat. Should end up with about 8-9# of turkey breast slices.

Last edited:
Smoked 160-200*F for 2 hours, then cranked up the heat 265-275*F to finish to 160*F. Pulled and let rise to 165*F...All in they smoked for about 4 hours.

Reactions: kruizer
*Note- this is a formed meat roll made from two turkey breasts using meat glue. You can see the seam clearly on the bottom breast in the first picture.

Reactions: kruizer
That's gonna make for some Good sammies!! Glad to see it didn't go to waste from the power outage!

They look nice. Sad how you came upon them, but represents a small but good outcome from all the destruction...JJ

That's gonna make for some Good sammies!! Glad to see it didn't go to waste from the power outage!
Thanks Sowsage! I cleaned their freezer out so nothing would spoil in the unit.

They look nice. Sad how you came upon them, but represents a small but good outcome from all the destruction...JJ
Thanks Jimmyj, I've been making a lot of lemonade with lemons lately... I did save quite a bit of it and brought it back to them when the power returned. They were thankful and told me to keep what I wanted to smoke. I'm going to bring them some smoked turkey breast meat too...

Thanks Sowsage! I cleaned their freezer out so nothing would spoil in the unit.

Thanks Jimmyj, I've been making a lot of lemonade with lemons lately... I did save quite a bit of it and brought it back to them when the power returned. They were thankful and told me to keep what I wanted to smoke. I'm going to bring them some smoked turkey breast meat too...

That is really nice to do that!
And the breasts look fantastic, I’m sure they will love getting some sliced turkey!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky