Home Made Rib Rack

Discussion in 'UK Smokers' started by markuk, Jul 26, 2014.

1. markuk

markuk Smoking Fanatic

Hi there

Been a way for a week or so so just caching up on some smoking....

Thought you might like to see a couple of pix of my home made Rib Rack made from a cheap cooling rack from a supermarket with the wires bent up - - takes 4 at a push if you hold it steady !

2. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great idea Mark - I guess the thicker the rack the more stable they will be.

3. markuk

markuk Smoking Fanatic

Yep- worked okay though - safely cooked 4 - now in oven under foil

didn't have any apple juice for spraying but had some grape juice so used that !  

4. markuk

markuk Smoking Fanatic

Came out fine - not everyone's taste smothered in dark sauce but that's the way I like em :)

5. darwin101

darwin101 Meat Mopper

Nice rack (never thought I would say that to a guy)  The ribs look good.  I switch back and forth from dry to wet depending upon my mood.  I do love a good sauce.  [​IMG]  

markuk likes this.
  6. markuk

markuk Smoking Fanatic

Here's me doing my Rembrant bit with the sauce :)

7. markuk

markuk Smoking Fanatic

BTW Wade froze the other 3 after cooking - got them in the fridge and cooled them a bit then wrapped in foil and straight in freezer The other one I left in the fridge and reheated for 30 mins on Gas grill at around 150 c then painted with sauce several times for another 15 mins. Think the longer reheating time at lower tempas you suggested on another post was better

8. Hello Mark.  Great lookin ribs.  That's the proper way to do it; if you like the sauce, then slather it on those ribs.  My Missus likes them covered in sauce.  Keep Smokin!

Danny