Holiday Sweet Potatoes or Yams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting post in the middle of JULY...You must really be in to planning ahead Tas...
biggrin.gif
 They sure look good! Have you ever tried using the Fresh Red Sweet Potatoes. Similar setup, just peel and slice then make layers in a buttered baking dish with your fav's. Add Maple Syrup, Brn Sugar, Pecans, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Ginger, Allspice, maybe some Cardamom and a bunch of Butter. Bake the Sweets, covered, at 375*F for 30 minutes, there will be plenty of water that comes from the potatoes, then uncovered until tender and the syrup thickens. Top with the Marshmallows and bake to brown the topping. It takes longer but it is sure worth it in the end...JJ

good grief, that sounds good, jimmy! i may have to try it.

lol @ july - i actually took these pix in 2010, but am only now finally getting around to posting them. it's been a busy time.....

Looking good Ron 

Smoked sweet potatoes are awesome too - give them a try 

I used apple and pecan last time - I think they took like 3 hours to cook  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky