Holiday Party Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leeman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Round Rock
Tomorrow (Friday) is our annual Holiday Party.

I'm going to deep fry 2 turkeys and smoke 2 pork butts (16lb total) and a angus choice brisket flat (8.5lbs).

Here they are waiting for some rub:

c66d5d75_photo26.jpg

Here they are after some mustard and my secret (lol) rub:

c791d1a6_photo27.jpg

The smoker is fired up and I'll be smoking them over oak and hickory.

I hope to have them on the smoker around 12:30am.

-- Lee

Looks like a good start have a great smoke and I'll look forward to more Qview

Last edited:
7 hours in:

7638fb96_photo28.jpg

Guest will bring sides and deserts. I'll supply the margaritas (machine rental) and fresh keg of beer.

-- Lee

Naw, I work at a Fortune 500 company. This is for friends (mostly work). Party starts this evening. I hope to get the meat off the smoker early afternoon.

I forgot - 2 bottles of tequila in the freezer too. :-)

-- Lee

icon_cool.gif

Firts off there Lee it looks like you are well on your way to some fantastic vittles and soem good times for sure. So keep the Q-view coming.

Having difficulty - second rita is stronger than first ! :-)

Here is the meat... brisket on top and the porks below. Almost ready to pull and throw in the cooler to rest until later.

1e02b25d_photo33.jpg

Finished (pulled). They will rest for several hours before pulling and slicing.

Thanks for looking !

e5c0dc69_photo34.jpg

Thanks for the great post and pictures.

Looks like an awesome party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky