Holiday Meltaway Bump

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did these after a bump last year and it was a huge hit! Looking forward to another batch and family holiday staple!

Reactions: JLeonard
I think they lasted less than 24 hrs. I could actually hear my family gaining weight🤣
I think our families are related. Bianca (the Beagle in my avatar) took the biggest hit though. She could be 3 counties away and smell it if I took the tub out of the fridge and be at my side smiling (read: begging) in about 3 seconds.

Robert

Ivory, our Westy, can be in the back bedroom and me in the living room and she can hear me un-screw a peanut jar. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: JLeonard
I have been looking for the melting wafers but have not found them yet.
The Mrs. and I will be hosting coffee hour after Sunday service in a few weeks and I would love to put out a tray of these. I'm sure they will be a huge hit.

The Mrs. and I will be hosting coffee hour after Sunday service in a few weeks and I would love to put out a tray of these. I'm sure they will be a huge hit.
All of the grocery stores in my area have Ghirardelli brand ones in the baking section. They seem kinda pricey to me at about $4.50 each bag but they work very well with Bear's recipe. Made them several times and they are excellent. I like them with chopped nuts mixed in.

Reactions: Colin1230
Wow!!!
This is the best reaction I ever got to my Meltaways!!
I sure am glad to see all you guys enjoying them!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Walmart, crafting/ birthday decorating department
but her batch will have crunchy peanut butter.
Robert do you use candy funnel or just baggy with corner? If funnel, the peanuts may clog it up. When I did the cocoa pebbles added, it plugged it a bit but it was able to crush the crispies.

If you have an Aldi's near you, they have them.

Target has the Ghiradelli (pardon my spelling) ones I do believe.
Jim

Well folks, just finished batches 3 and 4 today. Did a little twist as an experiment and it came out really well. did one batch with dark semi-sweet chocolate. Super good. A little deeper chocolate flavor but not a rich as milk chocolate. The other batch today I used crunchy peanut butter for SWMBO. Gotta admit, the added crunch really adds another dimension.

This needs to end or I (and the dog) are gonna weigh 500 pounds :emoji_laughing: The problem is that these things are more addictive than crack cocaine. Got a half dozen of the neighbors hooked on them already with holiday packages being readied for delivery.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky