Holiday Loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Loooooking gooooood

point for sure
Chris

Slicing day.

4DE3BE2E-3721-4802-953F-4581743E16C3.jpeg

Oh man! Perfect example of a dry cure.
How well does the after cure seasoning get into the finished product?
Much the same as it does on pastrami. The flavors are right there but not over the top. This is a delicious spiced ham.

This recipe feels so wrong to me as I go through the motions, but the end result is very good, kinda crazy really but a very balanced salty/sweet and those spices are over the top.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Another small run getting ready for the holiday season. 11# of loins total, two in the spice mix and one with just pepper and garlic. These were cured with DaveO’s broth injection method. Very windy today and rain forecasted all day tomorrow so the smokehouse is out, will have to do these on the pellet pooper.
IMG_1751.jpeg

Dang that looks good. I bookmarked this when you first posted. I still haven't done it as I have a spiced loin recipe I really like. I'm almost out so what the hey....

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky