Holding Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
I'm planning on smoking a brisket for my mother-in-laws 80th. I would like to smoke it the day before and serve it the next day for lunch then I won't have to worry about getting it done at a specific time. What is the best way to hold and reheat? Should I slice it before I reheat or reheat and then slice etc? Thanks in advance for your help.

It’s a long thread but check out
im going to try this on my next brisket , keeping it warm in a Sous vide bath until I serve it the next day

In my experience, do the brisket as you would the day before, don't slice or anything, leave it whole, refrigerate. For reheat, put the brisket in a pan with drippings saved from the cook or make beef broth, a cupnor so , add it too the pan, cover in foil, then into the oven at 325 ,until your at 140it. Hold at 140 till ready to slice.

Im.sure there are better ways but this imho tastes like it came off the smoker. Ive done this for 2 to 3 days in a row and its the same each time.

My 2 cents
Corey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky