Hola from Santiago, Chile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pintobean

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Frankfort, IL
Well, I've been down in Santiago, Chile since yesterday for work. I've had two AMAZING steaks so far. If anyone knows of anything interesting to do here, or places to eat, post up! Below is a shot of the Virgin Mary atop Cerro San Cristobal which we visited yesterday. Very cool. We rode a Funicular to the top of the hill to see it (picture 2). The hill is approx 1000ft tall, and the statue is 72 ft tall.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=cac.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view&current=funicular.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man this is great I always wanted to see Chile. Please keep the photos coming and if you get a chance hit the beach I hear that theres waves down there too.

Last edited:
What a great looking place to be in. Thanks for the great looking pics and keep them coming

My favorite restaurant is Coco (Acqui Esta Coco) which is in Providencia. It is a seafood restaurant and had some of the best seafood I have ever eaten. You also must ( repeat,must) visit the men's room and observe the murals on the tiles !!

If you have transport, a visit to one or two wineries is a good way to pass some time.

The subway system is a great way to get around.

I have to say, the cookie plant I was doing work at down there had whole graveyard of used cylindrical vessels, and it was a food plant, so they were all food grade type stuff...too bad the economy of bringing something back like that wouldn't be worth the effort!! I could build all kinds of smokers with the stuff in their junkyard!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky