Hog maw (stomach)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckbros

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 24, 2019
Does anyone know how to clean a hog maw (pigs stomach)? We were given a fresh maw but we are unsure how to safely clean it. We have always bought them but anymore the price has gone thru the roof if you can even find them.

Reactions: JLeonard
This might help

Nose to tail...I think its all been cooked on here before. And Jake found you a good start..

Jim

This might help

Thanks for the replies. We have cooked them many times & have a recipe. We always purchased the maws from a butcher shop & they were already cleaned. The one we have now is "fresh" from the hog and needs a through cleaning. We want to make sure we clean it correctly and it's safe to eat.

Reactions: JLeonard
I had to use google to see what/why about hog maw. Also noticed a you tube video was suggested. So I'd check there. I did not watch it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky