Hiya... are girls allowed?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aanthony

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
PDX
I'm a 38yo married female who loves smoking and curing meat! I've been lurking on this site for some time now... it's a great resource. I'm obsessed with cold smoking and curing, when I tasted my first homemade bacon I was hooked. Right now I'm in the middle of curing bresaola, pancetta and my first batch of landjager.

Of course you are welcome!  My wife is on here as well, and does some fantastic smoked treats of her own.  Glad to have you aboard!

My last name is Anthony :)

I was sort of joking about the girl thing, although I can't figure out why there aren't more women who like smoking meat. It's such a great hobby!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi aa,

Welcome! It's always nice to see more women on SMF, but even better to see more Oregonians!

There are many of us gals on the forum who are smoking and curing our own meats. Sounds like you fit right in! Your current curing projects sound great, and I'm looking forward to seeing some posts from you.

I've currently got duck prosciutto drying and jowl bacon curing, and will start curing ham hocks and a batch of bresaola next week.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Clarissa

Reactions: aanthony
welcome, and we love girls. (they smell almost as good as smoke!) 

and i could sure learn some more about curing meat, sounds like youve done a bunch.

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-68.gif

Wow, it looks like you are already well on your way. I have only been smoking for a year and I am trying many great ideas from this forum. I really look forward to your posts on your upcoming projects.

As for girls being allowed, we tolerate them. Please don't kill me Clarissa, Leah and others.

Disco

Welcome fellow PDX'er!

Always nice to see a fellow moss grower on the forum... lol. As for the guys vs. gals things..... usually the gals kick all our butts, they are way more creative and imaginative... lol. I get stuck in the rut of ribs, butts, brisket, chicken.

My last name is Anthony :)

I was sort of joking about the girl thing, although I can't figure out why there aren't more women who like smoking meat. It's such a great hobby!
Makes no difference either way.  And makes no difference in the advice you will receive but just to clear things up; if you care to, ( certainly not a necessary ) male or female?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky