Hillbilly Brisket Meatloaf W/ Bourbon Glaze (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert I am a huge meatloaf fan and that meatloaf is a home run! Looks super moist, the glaze is gorgeous and the smoke ring looks cool too. Nice work as usual.

Well goll darn it Robert, there ya went and did it! Terrific looking meal! Then ya went and added bourbon to the gravy and made a sauce out of it for the glaze...I like it. I'm guessing your pool is too cold...but thinking you still partook of the margaritas!

Ryan

Glad to see you used some of the seasoning hope it was up to standard.

Thank you Warren. The rub was not just "up to standards", it was excellent!! I had a hard time at first with it because it's a blackening seasoning and I didn't intend to blacken the meat but the flavor of the rub was such that I just had to use it.

Looks excellant Robert, that gravy look delicous

Thanks so much Jim. I've kinda gotten the gravy aspect dialed in. Waited too many years to start making it but there's no turning back now :emoji_wink:

That all looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.

More than welcome and thank you for the kind words.

Mighty nice meat loaf Robert. As well as the rest of the spread.

Appreciate it Steve. It was a nice meal and I finally found some nice "meaty" asparagus. Don't much care for that anemic thin stuff that overcooks in 3 minutes.

Robert

If that Meatloaf tasted half as good as it looks then I'd say it's a winner.
Nice Work.

Thank you!! We really liked the flavors of this. Sadly though the presentation wasn't what I'd expected...but hey, it's just meatloaf. Not some over-the-top meal. Was good though.

Far from mommas meatloaf......I'd take seconds on it!
Jim

Yes sir Jim, it was all the way around the world from mamma's meatloaf. that's probably why I liked it :emoji_laughing:

I have not seen a smoke ring like that on anything ground. Maybe because its ground brisket combined with the mesquite? Either way awesome looking grub here!

I've not seen a smoke ring like that on anything ground before either. Done some burgers with brisket I ground and got a little pink tint around the edges but nothing like that. It's probably just the perfect combo of stuff I licked into putting together.

"I didn't come to impose but I heard there was brisket"

No imposition at all John! Load up the family and come on down!! We could possibly find something other than meatloaf to cook but that wouldn't make for a bad meal at all buddy.

Robert

That all looks top notch Robert, very nice! Gonna have to give that meatloaf and glaze a try!

Very much appreciate the kind words. The glaze really set it over the top and I highly recommend it, especially being that it's so easy to make.

That meatloaf looks awesome and the bourbon glaze sounds pretty good on it too!

Thanks Joe!! I have a feeling I'll find more uses for that glaze. So many options out there. I'm now thinking through one with rum to do a pork loin with.

You just cant beat a good meatloaf!

I used to disagree Travis but after this one, I think I'm gonna concede defeat and agree with you. It was good!!

Very nice!

Thanks so much!! Appreciate it.

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
I'm not a fan of traditional meatloaf either....I think you just talked me into giving this a go. I'll cook it up for the guinea pigs at the firehouse and see how it goes!!! LOL!!

The kind words are appreciated Keith. Changing up from traditional meatloaf has certainly changed my take on it. I'd be willing to bet that the guys at the firehouse would dive into this, especially if you include some mashed taters :emoji_laughing:

I agree, not a fan of traditional meatloaf either although I do like BBQ sauce on mine.

We aren't big fans of sauce on much of anything...unless you consider gravy a sauce of sorts. Heck, when we do BBQ I rarely even put sauce out. I do however see the alure for people and why they would enjoy it the way you do.

Wow!!! That looks incredible. Great cook. I am 3 days into a 4 day fast but you just ended it.

Thank you Brian. 3 or 4 days of fasting wold be the end of me :emoji_astonished: No way in the world could I go that long without eating. Hope you enjoyed your meatloaf fix though.

Robert

"Iffen" that don't make your mouth water......nutin will ! Thank for the pctures!

Thanks Charlie!! The aroma was about enough to make your mouth water between the smoke and bourbon glaze combining...mmm mmm good!!

Meatloaf looks outstanding. Very juicy. The rest of the meal is certainly not lacking either.

Thanks so much. Fr me I gotta have taters with a meal like this. The asparagus was Tracy's request, but I love the stuff cooked that way also.

That looks delicious!

What does lightly beating the egg do?

Thank you Steve. The egg is common in meatloaf. It combines with the bread crumbs to form a binder to help hold everything together. I just lightly beat the egg prior to adding it to the mix so I didn't have to mix as much to get it incorporated. Was concerned about possibly over mixing the meat.

Robert
Robert

We aren't big fans of sauce on much of anything...unless you consider gravy a sauce of sorts. Heck, when we do BBQ I rarely even put sauce out. I do however see the alure for people and why they would enjoy it the way you do.

Robert
[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, gravy is a sauce. A delicious, multi purpose sauce that can go on so many things.

Thank you Brian. 3 or 4 days of fasting would be the end of me :emoji_astonished: No way in the world could I go that long without eating. Hope you enjoyed your meatloaf fix though.

Robert
It payback for all those years of abuse I put my body through. Steadily been losing weight last 8 month's. I hit my original goal of 250 but figure might as well keep going. Pretty easy once your body gets use to it. That meatloaf was kind of watery. Next time will heat up in pan instead of microwave. Was good though. Al has a good recipe. Yours about the best looking one I have seen.

loaf.jpg

Best looking meatloaf I’ve seen. Looks great.

That may be a quantum leap of faith but thank you very much Derek.

Robert I am a huge meatloaf fan and that meatloaf is a home run! Looks super moist, the glaze is gorgeous and the smoke ring looks cool too. Nice work as usual.

Thanks so much Jeff. Not ever having been a huge meatloaf fan but continuing to look for one I really liked, this one hit home...finally.

Mighty fine looking meatloaf Robert. Beautiful!

Thank you Jake!! Looked decent and tasted good. I was happy.

Robert

I have to try that bourbon glaze, maybe a shot or two for myself while it simmers.

The glaze is very easy to make but take your time. need to let those couple shots work their magic and educate the taste buds on what the glaze is supposed to taste like :emoji_wink:

I like it. I'm guessing your pool is too cold...but thinking you still partook of the margaritas!

You are correct on all counts my friend!! This day was a couple beers, some of the bourbon that went into the glaze (quality control check of course) then the mandatory margaritas to finish the day.

Looks great Robert, bourbon, beef, smoke, cant really go wrong can ya.

I didn't think about it in those terms while pondering the meal, but you are 100% spot on.

Robert

That’s one good looking meal there Robert!
The meatloaf looks fantastic!

Thanks so much Al. I very much appreciate it sir.

Oh yeah, gravy is a sauce. A delicious, multi purpose sauce that can go on so many things.

I like the way you think :emoji_laughing: Go TeamGravy

That meatloaf was kind of watery. Next time will heat up in pan instead of microwave. Was good though. Al has a good recipe. Yours about the best looking one I have seen.

Brian, that's not a bad looking meal, but we can't taste the pics. Al's meatloaf has seen considerable attention so it must be good. Thank you for the kind words regarding the one I posted though. It is appreciated.

Robert

Robert, you're killing me man...

I gotta stop lookin' when I can't eat the stuff, it's pure torture.

Meatloaf looks fantastic though!

GREAT BIG LIKE!

Thank you on all counts my friend. Great to see you back, even for a bit. Very sorry to hear about the issues but God willing you'll be back to real food very soon. Prayers all around buddy and keep us posted please.

Robert

Geez, how'd I miss this! That Loaf of Life appears beyond perfect Robert, with the taters and gravy and those beautiful spargees I'd be honored to be sitting down to that meal, huge Like! RAY

That may be a quantum leap of faith but thank you very much Derek.

Thanks so much Jeff. Not ever having been a huge meatloaf fan but continuing to look for one I really liked, this one hit home...finally.

Thank you Jake!! Looked decent and tasted good. I was happy.

Robert

Not only do I like that pink ring, the bourbon glaze sounds great. Reminds me of TGI Friday’s whiskey glaze they had/have? for their meats. Not a big fan of chains, but that was great stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky