High Heat Ribs 2 Hours!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Years ago I used to do these ribs on the kettle from this guy recipe in 90 minutes. Forgot about them. Looked up recipe and he changed it up a little. These turned out so good I ate the whole rack.

Seasoned up ribs.

20210718_135643.jpg 20210718_144450.jpg

Got some of Jeff's beans going

20210718_165156.jpg

Ribs hit the grill for one hour

20210718_145107.jpg 20210718_154710.jpg

I got foil ready and added some ghee, Jeff's dandelion honey and more rub. Added ribs and back on for another hour. Turned at 30 minutes.

20210718_154531.jpg

Got some fried cabbage in duck fat going.

20210718_161408.jpg

Two hour mark took ribs out and put over coals to burn membrane off of a minute. Feel apart during handling.

20210718_165201.jpg

These where some of the best ribs had in a while. That sauce Dan sent me is also some kind of good. Some of the best sauce I have had.

20210718_165457.jpg 20210716_175934.jpg

I was suppose to make these yesterday but our 903 Brewery did this whole hog. Man was it good!

20210717_122913.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Brian!! I need to make more of the keto honey. I’ve yet to use it for ribs and want to.

The change he made was extra 30 minutes in foil. This produced fall off the bones. You can go less if want bite through but I like fall off sometimes.

That’s really interesting Brian!
I haven’t smoked any ribs lately, cause it’s so hot down here. But if I could do them in a couple of hours I’d have to go for it!
Nicely done!
Al

Here we go again. I actually have no ribs in freezer and been no sales. I found some rib portions for 2.50 so going to try the high temp thing tonight on them. If you never did these they are really good and done in 2 hours.

Ribs here are more than the Prime rib I bought on sale.
Probably won’t have any ribs on sale until Memorial Day.
So if I get too hungry for ribs I’ll take a butt out of the freezer & make some CSR’s. So when they go on sale you can bet I will buy a few racks!
Well as I was writing this I checked Wild Fork Foods & their prices are still way better than the local stores, so I ordered 4 racks of BB’s. They come from WFF without that big chunk of loin meat on top, so they are real tender. Man my freezers are full!!
Al

Ribs here are more than the Prime rib I bought on sale.
Probably won’t have any ribs on sale until Memorial Day.
So if I get too hungry for ribs I’ll take a butt out of the freezer & make some CSR’s. So when they go on sale you can bet I will buy a few racks!
Well as I was writing this I checked Wild Fork Foods & their prices are still way better than the local stores, so I ordered 4 racks of BB’s. They come from WFF without that big chunk of loin meat on top, so they are real tender. Man my freezers are full!!
Al
I plan on ordering some duck from them soon. I’ve not used them before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky