Hickory Smoked Leg-o-Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lamb fan here too! It looks great Ray. I also love creamed spinach. I’m going to have to make some.

Thanks Jeff, I'm a creamed spinach fanatic! It's about my favorite side for steaks, prime, and lamb, I prefer other things with pork and fish. Thanks for the Like Jeff, much appreciated! RAY

Picked up a couple of boneless lamb leg roasts at Sam's and decided it was time to smoke one on the Weber using the SnS. I took a half dozen cloves of garlic and slivered them up into about 20 pieces and then punched them throughout the little three pound lamb roast, rubbed some Worsty sauce on it, and hit it with straight S&P. I had the SnS set up on the Weber with the vents half open and a couple of hickory splits in the coals, figured that'd work.View attachment 471210

It got to rolling some pretty good smoke!
View attachment 471211

I had the probe in the TP-20 set for 140º, pulled it when the alarm went off and let the roast rest for ten minutes. Sliced a few pieces and plated them up with some mashed taters and gravy, creamed spinach, apple sauce and mint apple jelly on the side.
View attachment 471212

I'll tell ya, this is something I'm going to have to be doing more often! As much as I love that dinner I always look forward to the lamb sandwiches the next day. Thanks for lookin' in, and stay safe. RAY
Looks really good! Kettle cooking is great!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great! I'm a Lamb fan, the rest of my crew? Not so much...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks really good! Kettle cooking is great!

Thanks Hawging It Hawging It , with the SnS and Vortex it's become the most versatile tool in the box. RAY

That was an incredible looking plate of food!

Thanks Bill, sitting down to a nice fulfilling dinner is one of life's greatest pleasures! Thanks for for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great! I'm a Lamb fan, the rest of my crew? Not so much...JJ

Thanks Chef! I remember growing up when we had lamb it was always overcooked. My mom would overcook it in the oven, take it out and slice it up, then put it in a pan with some bullion and put it back in the oven to overcook some more, but it was delicious! Thank you for the Like Chef, it is much appreciated. RAY

Looks good as always. Have a Costco leg o lamb for a week from Sunday for the 49ers vs Rams game. Traditional fare.

We had that same tradition Daspy! My hunting partners dad was a member of the original 49ers, I'm a 4th generation San Francisco boy, live and die with the Niners and Giants. This year went to hell the minute Bosa went down and has gotten worse by the week, we need to cut Jimmy G and sign Aaron rogers. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: daspyknows
Thanks Bill, sitting down to a nice fulfilling dinner is one of life's greatest pleasures! Thanks for for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY
Slaughtering and butchering the meat is proof we're king of the jungle, top of the food pyramid. Cooking like that, from the technology of the equipment to the culinary art of the final product, is proof we're children of God. You inspire me to up my game.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky