Hickory Smoked Leg-o-Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Picked up a couple of boneless lamb leg roasts at Sam's and decided it was time to smoke one on the Weber using the SnS. I took a half dozen cloves of garlic and slivered them up into about 20 pieces and then punched them throughout the little three pound lamb roast, rubbed some Worsty sauce on it, and hit it with straight S&P. I had the SnS set up on the Weber with the vents half open and a couple of hickory splits in the coals, figured that'd work.
DSCN2468.JPG

It got to rolling some pretty good smoke!
DSCN2471.JPG

I had the probe in the TP-20 set for 140º, pulled it when the alarm went off and let the roast rest for ten minutes. Sliced a few pieces and plated them up with some mashed taters and gravy, creamed spinach, apple sauce and mint apple jelly on the side.
DSCN2472.JPG

I'll tell ya, this is something I'm going to have to be doing more often! As much as I love that dinner I always look forward to the lamb sandwiches the next day. Thanks for lookin' in, and stay safe. RAY

Yum, looks like a perfect dinner. We love lamb cooked like that , hickory would give a great final flavour...

Only thing missing is mushy peas :emoji_wink:

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks delicious Ray! Never tried Lamb on the smoker, but it seems that hickory flavor added would raise something near perfect to perfect. Great work.

Looks Awesome, Ray!!
That's something I never had,
Every time I ever mentioned Lamb, Mrs Bear gave me an "Ugly face", so since there are so many Fish & Seafood Items for me to eat when she's not included, I just never bothered trying Lamb.
Yours is definitely tempting Me.
Like.

Bear

Yum, looks like a perfect dinner. We love lamb cooked like that , hickory would give a great final flavour... Only thing missing is mushy peas :emoji_wink:

Thanks Jabiru! I eat most green veggies but never make peas, green beans is about as close as I get to peas. Most of the lamb we get here seems to come from Australia and New Zealand, it's excellent meat and usually less expensive than lamb raised here. Thank you for the Like Jabiru, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks delicious Ray! Never tried Lamb on the smoker, but it seems that hickory flavor added would raise something near perfect to perfect. Great work.

Thanks Mike! Those little boneless lamb roasts are ideal for the Weber, I didn't even monitor the grill temp knowing that vents half open usually gets things to right around 325º with the amount of coals I used. Thanks for the Like Mike, I do appreciate it. RAY

Now you got me wanting to shop for lamb. Looks mighty tasty! Jim

I'm making a point of keeping a couple of roasts in my freezer Jim. They don't take up much room, don't break the bank, and are about as easy to smoke as it gets, make a fire, get it on, wait for the alarm to go off. Thanks for the Like Jim, much appreciated. RAY

Looks excellent Ray! I love lamb & you have me drooling! Al

Thanks Al, I was pretty darned happy and now I know what's on today's lunch menu! Thanks you for the Like Al, I do appreciate it. RAY

Gotta love that lamb!

We've been so fortunate to have lamb up this way at very good prices.A few months back when I started finding those "grillers",aka chunks,at $5.99lb I went nuts with lamb.

I love lamb! Yours looks great! A couple years ago it was hard to find around here. I'm starting to see it just about everywhere now.

Looks delicious ray. Love lamb.

Thanks Jake, me too! Unlike doing chops, you don't have to stand over a roast and watch it like a hawk. RAY

That looks delicious Ray! I’ve only eaten lamb once in my life...need to change that. Like!

Thanks Joe! About the only problem I have with buying lamb is that it's hardly ever on sale. Thank you for the Like Joe, I do appreciate it. RAY

Awesome meal and a great looking plate. Warren

Thanks you Warren, and thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks Awesome, Ray!! That's something I never had, Every time I ever mentioned Lamb, Mrs Bear gave me an "Ugly face", so since there are so many Fish & Seafood Items for me to eat when she's not included, I just never bothered trying Lamb. Yours is definitely tempting Me. Like. Bear

Thanks John! My wife doesn't eat the stuff either, but then she doesn't eat any meat cuts, only burgers and sausage. I think lamb is a bit like venison, only a little milder and a bit fattier, seems to go with apple sauce and mint apple jelly well. Thanks for the Like John, much appreciated. RAY

Gotta love that lamb! We've been so fortunate to have lamb up this way at very good prices. A few months back when I started finding those "grillers", aka chunks, at $5.99lb I went nuts with lamb.

Thanks Norm, that's right around what I pay for these at Sam's Club. I like to get the Frenched racks of lamb occasionally but with no company and my wife not eating the stuff the boneless roasts are a far better deal, and I get leftover for sannys! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

I love lamb! Yours looks great! A couple years ago it was hard to find around here. I'm starting to see it just about everywhere now.

Thanks Travis! It's usually easy to find at Sam's and Costco around here, not so easy at the local markets, and not much selection. Even at Sam's the other day I was looking for loin chops and they didn't have any out, just racks and roasts. I was happy, the last time I did chops a few weeks back they got away from me and got a tad overcooked, I hate that. Thanks for the Like Travis, it is much appreciated. RAY

Most excellent looking dish Ray. Point for sure Chris

Thank you Chris, and thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Excellent Ray! That lamb looks like you cooked it perfectly. Whole plate looks great. Nice job!

Thanks John, dilly dilly! I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's always Rolling Rock! Thank you for the Like amigo, it is much appreciated. RAY

I love lamb... twice a week at least... only I always garnish top of the meat with rosemary branches while bbq-ing... it gives that Italian "O sole mio" kick... 👍

I've done that a few times in the past and like it, works OK on prime rib too! It's one of those things that seem real easy for me to overlook while at the market unless I make a list, and I usually have list-making done by someone on my staff. Thanks or the Like, much appreciated. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky