Hickory smoked country sausage (completed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boykjo,

Great looking sausage and nice smoker, I'm glad you posted the pics!

I know there have been some questions of late about using propane in the smoking chamber, is this the smoker you built that has the propane pipe burner in it and if so have you experienced any problems with it?

Thanks for your time,

Gene

Well its done. the first batch of three. The new mod worked great. Got good smoke to the sausage for three hrs. using the A-maze-n smokers

It was warm out today so my temp started at 160. Once I set the burner as low as it can go as the sausage cooked the temp raised by itself and finished at 180 in three hrs. pulled at 158 and into the water bath. They were all evenly cooked

ce74c929_HPIM1288.jpg

c68ed1f6_HPIM1287.jpg

Into the fridge to hang dry and then vacuum seal tomorrow. Talk about a cocktail................
biggrin.gif

12f43852_HPIM1290.jpg

Will do a open shot tomorrow.

Thanks for looking

Boykjo,

Great looking sausage and nice smoker, I'm glad you posted the pics!

I know there have been some questions of late about using propane in the smoking chamber, is this the smoker you built that has the propane pipe burner in it and if so have you experienced any problems with it?

Thanks for your time,

Gene
hey gene. Yes this is one of the cookers I have built with the pipe burner I posted on the other website. I have

no problems with this burner other than it  needs to be cleaned frequently due to rust build up around the slots and inside the pipe so it needs to be removable. Usually I take a hammer and tap and loosen any rust particals  inside and dump them out and by hand use a sawzall blade and clean the slots. This burner is excellent for not blowing out. You can have good gusts of wind and it will stay lit. The key to having a perfect blue flame is it has to be clean. You cant beat it for buying a few parts at your local hardware store.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I am humbled when I see all you with talents of great smoking that goes on here at SMF and I am glad to be apart of it........

Joe

Nice Job Joe

That's a nice big batch---Should last awhile, unless you give most of it away!

Bear

breakfast sausage wrapped and ready for the trip to florida. Next round Apple smoked Jalapeno cheddar kielbasa.

a26cb232_HPIM1291.jpg

e38189e7_HPIM1292.jpg

Real nice job Boykjo,  I sure wish I was headed to Fla for the gathering, them boys and girls are going to eat good.

Word is out around the neighborhood I made some sausage. I'm holding them off.............

Thanks for the compliments everyone

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky