Hickory Smoked Bacon Wrapped Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks sooo good.   Nice job!
drool.gif

Thanks friends! 
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Jeanie, you always come up with the best goodies!
drool.gif
  That looks just like my Kershaw knife that I've been using for the last 24 years.
Keith I love my old timer knives.  I bet your Kershaw is a nice one!!  Thanks..
biggrin.gif

Man-I'm glad that I'm reading this while I'm eating my breakfast-just wish I had more bacon to go with my bacon and egg breakfast sammich!

Great job as usual, Jeanie. Now I just gotta talk Ma Dutch into letting me build a smokehouse. . .

What part of the hog are you using for your steakhouse bacon? To me it looks like the butt portion of the shoulder. ???
Thanks Earl!  Knowing you, your breakfast sammich was to die for!!
biggrin.gif

That is part of the back loin... I brine cured all of it and dry cured the side meat.  Made some peameal bacon too.  I still have part of that pig in the freezer, I need to get it in the cure or do something else with it.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Brian thanks!  Next time I'm going to make a double batch. lol

When I first read the post I thought it was a mistake. Again a SMF member has thrown caution to the wind and totally surprised me with another recipe that I will have to add to my "Things to try" list. Thanks for the post; I will be smoking some BBB next week for the first time..... Kind of excited!! !!
Looks-Great.gif

YUUUMMMMY!! You're probably gonna need some help eating the rest of
that meat too, so I'm volunteering. Can someone help me out and tell me
what is "steakhouse bacon"?

Thanks SmokingMyMeat!  Heck you're not that far from me, if you hurry, I'll smoke another batch! lol

The Steakouse is a combination seasoning I put on the canadian bacon before cold smoking. I love the stuff. :)
When I first read the post I thought it was a mistake. Again a SMF member has thrown caution to the wind and totally surprised me with another recipe that I will have to add to my "Things to try" list. Thanks for the post; I will be smoking some BBB next week for the first time..... Kind of excited!! !!
Looks-Great.gif
Thanks!!  Sorry it took me so long to get a reply, my danged puter is giving me trouble.

Here's an old post with bacon wrapped bacon...  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/81770/smoked-bacon-wrapped-bacon    It works great with cold smoked bacon since it's not cooked. The bacon stays moist and tender.

Good luck with your BBB, Looking forward to your Qview!!! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky