• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hickory Slim Jims

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
Nepas.........great looking stix. As soon as I dry off the drool from my keyboard I will have to get to making some myself. Your sausages always look so good.......

Brad

lips

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 5, 2013
Is that a custom stuffing tube? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to make my own with poly tubing and it was a disaster. 

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010

Is that a custom stuffing tube? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to make my own with poly tubing and it was a disaster. 
Friend of mine made for me few years ago out of SS.

Sorry to say he has passed

bigtrain74

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 23, 2009
No need for the vac sealer. Those baby's will be gone In a few days

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Those look great, 21MM Casings they look a little bigger, maybe just the camera shot.

oldcanalsmoke

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 31, 2014
Recipe? Is that cold smoked? I want to make slim Jim for the kid and want to make sure it's safe.

Thanks

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 23, 2013
yes, Nepas, a recipe would be nice.  I have been looking for a recipe for a slim jim, as you American folks call them, that have no taste of pepperoni.  Leos, somewhere in western Ontario makes these, which I believe he smokes, then runs through a dehydrator.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.