Hickory Slim Jims

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, Nov 12, 2013.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Back up in NEPA got some hickory sticks stuffed and in the smoker. Sorry cell phone cam pics aint that great.

5 lbs of the hickory stuffed and in the smoker.

2. bkleinsmid

bkleinsmid Smoking Fanatic

Nepas.........great looking stix. As soon as I dry off the drool from my keyboard I will have to get to making some myself. Your sausages always look so good.......

Brad

3. lips

lips Fire Starter

Is that a custom stuffing tube? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to make my own with poly tubing and it was a disaster. 

4. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Friend of mine made for me few years ago out of SS.

Sorry to say he has passed

5. nepas

Room temp cool down.

6. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

sweet.....need one of those SS Lem tubes myself......Willie

7. nepas

Cut

Now if i can find my vac sealer    [​IMG]

8. bigtrain74

bigtrain74 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

No need for the vac sealer. Those baby's will be gone In a few days

9. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those look great, 21MM Casings they look a little bigger, maybe just the camera shot.

10. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Those look like great sticks!!

11. oldcanalsmoke

oldcanalsmoke Fire Starter

Recipe? Is that cold smoked? I want to make slim Jim for the kid and want to make sure it's safe.

Thanks

12. yes, Nepas, a recipe would be nice.  I have been looking for a recipe for a slim jim, as you American folks call them, that have no taste of pepperoni.  Leos, somewhere in western Ontario makes these, which I believe he smokes, then runs through a dehydrator.

[​IMG]

13. stayhot

stayhot Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]